M.H.A. Healthcare Administration
When you earn your Master of Healthcare Administration from Concordia University, Nebraska, you will:
With an online M.H.A., you will:
- Learn the considerations related to healthcare management, including governance, organization structures, financials and policy.
- Gain a broad understanding of various healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physician clinics, home health, long-term care and more.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills you need by combining theory and a 70-hour practicum to ensure you’re fully prepared to meet the challenges of today’s dynamic healthcare field.
- Tailor your degree with a concentration in the population or sector you’re most interested in serving.
Transform Healthcare as a Faith-Focused Servant Leader
Start your journey today by filling out this quick form and one of our enrollment counselors will be in touch soon.
WHY CHOOSE CONCORDIA FOR A MASTER’S DEGREE IN HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION?
With an online graduate Master of Healthcare Administration degree in from Concordia University, you’ll find a distinctive blend of faith-based training and real-world experience alongside many other benefits:
- Draws on a strong Christian framework that not only focuses on career growth, but also student growth as healthcare servant leaders.
- Faculty with relevant experience in a wide variety of roles, from laboratory science to health informatics to academia,
- The ability to tailor your degree with a concentration in the population or sector you’re most interested in serving:
- Gerontology: Study the challenges, issues and social aspects affecting aging adults and discover how to provide the best possible healthcare for the elderly.
- Health Information Technology: Explore how to incorporate information technology into healthcare systems to improve patient care, cost efficiency and security.
- Leadership: Build on your knowledge of core business concepts such as human resources, financial management and organizational management as you prepare to be an ethical leader in healthcare.
- Population Health: Explore how to evaluate health risk behavior, the behavioral and psychological factors that affect physical conditions in people and how to manage the costs related to chronic illness.
MEET OUR EXPERT FACULTY
Learn from professional experts who bring faith, years of experience and specialized knowledge to the classroom.
MEET OUR STUDENTS
When researching master’s degree programs, there were no programs in comparison to Concordia University. I chose Concordia is because it is faith-based. I appreciated the weekly scripture quotes of encouragement.
RSVP to one of our next information sessions!
Learn more about our programs at one of our next information sessions.
You may register for an information session by clicking "RSVP" next to your desired date and time.
Information sessions run approximately 20 minutes. During these meetings, we will discuss the program formats, application process, financial aid, payment plans and questions that you may have.
Concordia's online Master of Healthcare Administration degree is designed to meet the rigorous standards of the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education.
An M.H.A. graduate from Concordia University, Nebraska will be able to:
- Apply best practice business principles, including theory and techniques, to the healthcare environment.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively within the context of professional healthcare environments.
- Employ key elements of leadership in the decision-making process and identify, direct and resolve considerations as a servant leader.
- Incorporate moral principles in a healthcare organization and infuse Christian values into all ethical dilemmas and their resolutions.
- Convey various healthcare issues, trends and perspectives to stakeholders and develop solutions that benefit all parties.
After earning your M.H.A. online degree at Concordia Nebraska, you can pursue a wide range of careers in various sectors and settings of healthcare. For example, long-term care facilities, nursing home administration, epidemiology, nurse administration, health information technology, population health, and more.
Administrative Service Manager
- Coordinating your business’s services, including maintaining facilities, keeping records, planning budgets and allocating supplies.
- Manage staff development, regulation compliance or drafting communications for the executive team.
- Manage staff in clinics, hospitals, or long-term care facilities, etc.
- Complete administrative tasks such as staff scheduling, performance reviews, attending meetings, developing training and personnel procedures, managing a budget, and more.
A master’s in healthcare administration degree gives you the credentials to advance your career and pursue a variety of roles within healthcare management, as well as increase your earning potential. Through the degree program, you will discover how to make a difference in the lives of patients, caregivers and doctors.
An MHA degree helps you pursue a career in human resource management, organizational management or information technology. With this educational background, you can work toward improving healthcare for elderly people or an entire population. Healthcare administration positions are available at many healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and medical group practices.
Our healthcare administration degree program requires the completion of 70 hours of practicum experience. If you have significant professional experience in the healthcare industry, the practicum may be waived.
Healthcare administration requires the ability to manage finances, maintain organization and ensure that operations are running efficiently. The field also requires strong problem solving and decision-making skills. If you possess all of these skills and enjoy discovering ways to improve the lives of individuals or entire populations, then a career in healthcare administration may be right for you.
Master's in Public Health
The online MPH program from Concordia University, Nebraska equips you with the skills to promote and protect the health of individuals and communities.
Explore the MBA
Live out your calling in an increasingly complex, globalized society and develop and strengthen your knowledge and skills to become an ethical leader in today’s business environment with Concordia University, Nebraska’s online MBA program. Through our master of business administration program, you will explore all aspects of business management and leadership to help you make sound decisions that will impact an organization’s success.