Welcome to Concordia University, Nebraska’s Dual Credit Program! For eligible high school students at participating schools, you can challenge yourself academically, earn college credits and get a head start on college at a fraction of the cost of higher education tuition! We are honored to provide this educational opportunity as we partner in equipping students for lives of learning, service, and leadership.
Dual Credit Registration Process
Complete an online dual credit application
Your first step is to apply through our online, free application.
Register for Courses
Print and complete a course registration form from your high school. The following are links for the Spring 2020 course registration form for each high school.
- Calvary Lutheran High School, Jefferon City, Mo.
- Concordia Jr/Sr High School, Omaha, Neb.
- Immanuel Lutheran Christian Academy, Broken Arrow, Okla.
- Lincoln Christian School, Lincoln, Neb.
- Lincoln Lutheran, Lincoln, Neb.
- Lutheran High School of Kansas City, Mo.
- Lutheran High School of St. Charles County, St. Peters, Mo.
- Lutheran High North, Houston, Texas
- Lutheran South Academy, Houston, Texas
- Martin Luther High School, Greendale, Wis.
- Rockford Lutheran High School, Rockford, Ill.
- Seward High School, Seward, Neb.
- Saint Paul Lutheran High School, Concordia, Mo.
Get Ahead With Dual Credit
Concordia Dual Credit offers you an opportunity to get a jump-start on college, allowing you to earn college credit at a reduced cost before graduating high school. Our dual credit program offers courses found in the general education requirements of most colleges and universities, meaning your credits earned through Concordia will transfer just about anywhere.
Dual Credit Benefits
- Exposure to the academic challenges of college while in your supportive high school environment
- Increased likelihood of enrolling in college and graduating within four years
- Opportunities for flexible college options like early graduation, double majors, employment and extracurricular activities
- Receive a college transcript from a four-year university
Dual Credit vs. Advanced Placement
Whether you choose Concordia Nebraska as your dual credit partner or not, there is a big difference between dual credit and advanced placement courses, especially how they will impact your college career.
FAQs: Dual Credit Courses vs. Advanced Placement Courses
Yes! All dual credit courses receive grades just like a college-level class.
No! AP courses use a different grading system which may or may not be compatible with college requirements.
Yes! Students in dual credit courses earn a grade from work completed throughout the full semester, not just one test.
No! In order to receive college credit, a student must take the AP exam at the end of the course that is scored on a 1-5 scale. This exam has a mix of multiple choice and free response. Typically, if a student scores a 3 or above, they will receive college credit, but each university has its own policy when it comes to awarding college credit for AP exams.
Yes! All dual credit courses at Concordia's partner high schools are taught by an instructor who has at least a master's degree in their field.
No! AP instructors are not required to have a master's degree in their field in order to teach AP courses.
Yes! Concordia dual credit courses are managed by our university, that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
No! AP courses are managed by The College Board, an education nonprofit that does provide many resources for students, but it is not managed by an accreditation organization.
*Students must earn a "C" or higher for credit to transfer
according to College Board AP Student Score Distributions
Participating High Schools
- Valley Lutheran High School, Phoenix
- Crean Lutheran High School, Irvine
- Turlock Christian Academy, Turlock
- Metro-East Lutheran High School, Edwardsville
- Rockford Lutheran High School, Rockford
For concerns about dual credit at Illinois schools, please follow the procedures outlined by the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- Concordia Preparatory School, Towson
- Calvary Lutheran High School, Jefferson City
- Lutheran High School of Kansas City, Kansas City
- Lutheran High School of St. Charles Co., St. Peters
- Saint Paul Lutheran High School, Concordia
- Aquinas High School, David City
- Blue Hill High School, Blue Hill
- Concordia Junior/Senior High School, Omaha
- Lancaster Learning Link, Lincoln
- Lincoln Christian High School, Lincoln
- Lincoln Lutheran Middle/High School, Lincoln
- Lutheran High Northeast, Norfolk
- Seward High School, Seward
- Faith Lutheran Junior/Senior High School, Las Vegas
- Immanuel Lutheran Christian Academy, Broken Arrow
- Lutheran High North, Houston
- Lutheran South Academy, Houston
- Lake Country Lutheran High School, Hartland
- Martin Luther High School, Greendale
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School, Milwaukee
Concordia International Schools