Students and Parents

Welcome, Students and Families! The transition from high school to college can be involved, but dual credit is designed to benefit you, and we are happy to help! Below please find information on student eligibility, transcripts and transferability, FERPA, tax informaion, and more.

Admission Requirements

To be eligible to take dual credit through CUNE, juniors and seniors must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, or a 2.50-2.99 GPA with parent permission. Freshmen and sophomores with a minimum 3.0 GPA are eligible by parent permission and placement in the course(s). Meeting these conditions results in automatic admission to participate in CUNE’s dual credit program.

Requests for Transcripts

Dual credit students may request a CUNE transcript for dual credit courses be sent to a future college or university by clicking on the link below and following the instructions. Dual credit students do not have an official CUNE login, so click on the link to create a new account under "Concordia University Nebraska students and alumni". Please choose the option that you are not a current student. Because grades for the dual credit classes cannot be posted until the high school class is completed, an updated transcript may not be available until approximately two weeks after the high school submits grades for the courses. There is a "hold for grades" option that can be selected when requesting a transcript and it will be released as soon as grades post for this term. Transcripts typically need to be sent directly to an institution’s registrar’s office or office of student advising. The cost is $5.00 for an electronic transcript and $10.00 for a paper copy. Students who will be attending CUNE do not need to request a transcript since it is already on file.

Scholarship for Nebraska Students

The Access College Early (ACE) Scholarship Program pays tuition and mandatory fees for qualified, low-income high school students to enroll in college courses from Nebraska colleges or universities, either through dual-enrollment or early enrollment agreements with these institutions. Concordia University participates in the ACE Scholarship Program and encourages qualified families to apply!

ACE Program

Student Privacy Rights (FERPA) and Parent Access to Student Information

If a parent of a dual credit student wishes to discuss that student’s academic record with CUNE personnel, the student must have submitted a signed FERPA release granting the parent permission to do so, regardless of the student’s age. (See the U.S. Department of Education Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act for more information.)

For issues related to the student’s high school academic record or performance, parents may consult with the classroom teacher or administration in accordance with the high school’s policies and procedures.

FERPA Release Form

Tax Information

The Form 1098-T is a statement that Concordia University is required to furnish to students. It provides the total dollar amount paid by the student for what is referred to as qualified tuition and related expenses or QTRE in a single tax (calendar) year.

1098-T Tax Form


The Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, accredits Concordia University, Nebraska. Other institutions generally accept CUNE credit, either as program credit, general education credit, or free elective credit. Students are strongly advised to check with the institution of their choice regarding the acceptance and application of transfer credit. It is the institution receiving the credit that determines its ultimate acceptability.

Sample of schools that have Accepted CUNE Transfer Credit

Undergraduate Academic Catalogs


A student may change her or his mind and withdraw without academic or financial penalty before the registration deadline. After that date, a student is considered registered at CUNE. Registration after the deadline and before September 25 (Full Year and Fall-only courses) or February 5 (Spring-only courses) will be assessed a $10/credit late fee. Students may not register after the Sept. 25 or Feb. 5 dates. Registration for the CUNE dual credit course is separate from registration for the high school course. Any change in registration status must be made in accordance with CUNE’s policies.

Students wishing to withdraw from the course must submit a Course Withdrawal Form to CUNE. This form can be requested by emailing Students who withdraw by October 15 for Fall-only and Full Year courses and March 15 for Spring-only courses may receive a 50% refund of the tuition. Refunds will be made to the party that paid the tuition in accordance with the above policy. Students may withdraw from the dual credit aspect of the course without affecting their status in the high school aspect of the course. If a student discontinues the high school course, he or she must also withdraw from the dual credit course.

The final day a student may withdraw from a course without receiving a grade is Dec. 1 for Fall-only courses and May 1 for Full Year and Spring-only courses. When students withdraw from a course, a “W” is recorded on their college transcript with no effect on college GPA. If students consider withdrawing to protect their future college GPA, they should be aware that many institutions do not include transfer credit in their GPA calculations. Students should check with specific colleges regarding their policies. Transfer of credit is likely available without harm to the GPA. If a student enrolls at CUNE, the credit is not transfer credit and will be included in the student’s cumulative GPA.


For concerns about dual credit at Illinois schools, please follow the procedures outlined by the Illinois Board of Higher Education.