A bachelor of science degree in marketing from Concordia University, Nebraska will acquaint you with major marketing concepts and practices. Here, you’ll explore
- Consumer behavior
- Purchasing decisions
- Elements of marketing campaigns
- Paid versus organic messaging
- Digital marketing
- Product management
Build your knowledge of marketing while maintaining an ethical, current business strategy with a degree in marketing from Concordia!
Combine your creativity with business and communications
WHY STUDY Marketing AT CONCORDIA?
The marketing program at Concordia Nebraska provides a high-quality, Christ-centered education that will prepare you for a successful career as a marketing professional who will advance your organization through ethical business practices.
MEET OUR EXPERT FACULTY
As experts in Marketing, our faculty and instructors bring years of experience to the classroom.
Meet our students
At Concordia, I get to see the student side, art side and athletic side of marketing. The personal connections I've made have really helped put me in a position to be successful.
The College of Business at Concordia University, Nebraska has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
A marketing graduate from Concordia University, Nebraska will be able to:
- Understand how marketers design and adapt campaigns and strategies
- Engage in qualitative and quantitative market analysis
- Use financial, organizational, environmental and ethical criteria as bases for decision making
- Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, listening and electronic media
- Engage in ethical and responsible business practices
Business Minors and Concentrations
- Computer Science
- Plan and direct the promotional advertising campaigns of your organization
- Work with art directors, sales agents or financial staff members
- Act as a liaison between your company and its clients
- Help future business leaders learn how to think globally and become effective marketers
- Give students the intellectual, ethical foundation they need to create innovative new business techniques and ideas
Market Research analyst
- Study market conditions and gather data to assess customer needs, sales trends and product performance
- Make recommendations about how best to market products
Phi Beta Lambda is Concordia’s business club, with membership open to anyone with an interest in business. Business club members host the career and graduate fair, speakers, and run the 10:31 Coffee Shop.
Concordia students have also gained internships around the United States at places such as
Majoring in marketing can help you develop skills in research, communication and critical thinking, which are vital for any career path you might choose. The best job for you will depend on your unique set of God-given talents, values and interests, but some options include
- Market research analyst
- Social media manager
- Public relations representative
- Brand manager
That will depend on what kind of career you plan to pursue. Many people find rewarding careers in marketing with a bachelor’s degree. In fact, most of the people who go on to earn a master’s degree do so in order to advance their current field, rather than gain new positions.
The marketing program at Concordia Nebraska will equip you with the fundamental business skills you need to enter an MBA program after graduation.
The business administration major provides a large scope of knowledge that will make you successful in a wide array of industries, from marketing to working in government to running a nonprofit organization.
The business communication major at Concordia University, Nebraska will require you to think of an organization holistically, including how a consumer will receive marketing messaging, how an employee’s interactions with co-workers effect productivity or how an investment by the organization communicates a business’s political stance.
Journalism and Public Relations
In Concordia University, Nebraska’s journalism and public relations program, we will help you develop your thinking, writing and speaking skills so you are able to size up situations, determine what’s happening and report information accurately, quickly, honestly and responsibly.
1 Recent graduates attending graduate school or employed within six months of graduation.