Transfer International Students

Students transferring from other colleges and universities follow the same application process for undergraduate and graduate levels of studies. In addition the following procedures apply to the transfer process:

Transferring students must:

  • Inform the school that he or she is currently authorized to attend of his or her intention to transfer;
  • Obtain Form I-20 A-B/ID from Concordia in accordance with the eligibility provisions and application process of the university;
  • Attend Concordia University in the first term after leaving the previous school and see the campus PDSO (Primary Designated School Official) or DSO (Designated School Official) immediately upon arrival at Concordia.


Apply for Admission

Apply for free online.

Apply Now

Provide High School Transcripts and Evaluation Report

Request to have your high school transcripts sent to Concordia. If your transcript is not in English or not from an American international school, you must provide an evaluation report to verify your credentials, degree and U.S. equivalencies. A comprehensive or course-by-course report is required. An evaluation may be obtained from or an approved transcript evaluation partner.

Take an Entrance Exam

Take the ACT or SAT College Entrance Exam and have scores sent to Concordia. Visit or to find a nearby testing site. Scores help determine academic scholarships available to all students.

Provide English Language Proficiency Scores

Non-native English speakers must provide proof they are proficient in the English language to begin college studies. Students can take tests like TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) to show their language abilities. Concordia requires a score of 78 or above on the TOEFL iBT test or 6.0 or above on the IELTS for undergraduate admission.

Once you have fulfilled the admission requirements and been accepted to Concordia, you will need to complete several more steps to enroll and begin attending. Please review the next steps to take and let your admissions counselor know if you have any questions.

*English proficiency is required by the United States government for an international student to prove they meet all admissions requirements and can come to the U.S. on an F-1 visa status to engage in academic studies. Students in the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Concordia University, Nebraska who successfully pass the Advanced II level will satisfy the English proficiency requirement.

Confirm Visa Status

Complete and return the Visa Status Information form.

Financial Verification

Bank Letter Template

The U.S. government requires proof of financial support from all international students.

To verify the support noted on the Financial Understanding and Agreement and the Sponsor Support Statement, Concordia requires each individual providing support (student, parent, sponsor, etc.) to request a letter from their bank to verify account status and amount available.

Bank letters should be:

Please include the items listed below:

  • Current (received within 4 weeks of being signed and dated)
  • Written in English
  • Printed on bank letterhead
  • Bank Letterhead
  • Including bank name and location
  • Name of bank customer
  • How long individual has been a customer of this bank
  • Average amount available in accounts and amount that is currently readily available
  • Amount should be listed in local currency and in U.S. dollars
  • Signed by bank representative
  • Notarized by bank representative
  • Dated by bank representative

Enrollment Fee

Send your $200 enrollment fee to Concordia.

Confirmed Student Handbook

Complete the Confirmed Student Handbook forms and return to the Admission Office. Note that all international students are required to show proof of health insurance prior to enrollment.

I-20 Form

Receive I-20 form from Concordia, take the I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa for undergraduate study at a U.S. embassy or consulate office in your home country.** You will need to submit form I-901 and pay the I-901 fee at