Taking on the task of shaping young minds is a huge responsibility. Concordia can help you take that leap by helping you find the right school where you can make the biggest difference and influence tomorrow's leaders.
Your professional semester or year is a demanding one and Concordia's College of Education will help you make the most of it. It's also the time in your college career to make plans for your next adventure, employment after graduation. Work through this list to help get ready:
- Complete a public school teacher application for placement or LCMS Christian education application.
- Finalize your resume and have it critiqued by career services staff.
- Confirm and obtain any needed letters of reference/recommendation.
- Complete your career portfolio and/or credential file.
- Work on your interviewing skills
- Research the school districts in which you are interested and find out how they post new positions.
- Apply to those places you have carefully researched.
Teacher education students from Concordia complete the Nebraska State Teacher Certification to earn their initial teacher certification from the State of Nebraska.
Teacher Credential Payment
Teacher education students must pay a teacher credential fee.