Before you arrive on campus, you'll be assigned a freshman coordinator based on your academic program and interests. During the school year, you'll work with a faculty advisor in your program and remain with them for the rest of your time at Concordia.
Freshman Coordinator's Role
- Provide support while you transition to college life
- Help you pre-register for first semester coursework before you arrive on campus
- Serving as a source for information, concerning academic matters, before you arrive on campus
- Help you through orientation and final registration adjustments after arriving on campus
- Monitoring the progress of advisees during the semester and suggesting sources of assistance as necessary
- Being a friend on campus, someone to talk to about any concerns, including non-academic problems
- Providing information about sources of assistance available to you such as career counseling, spiritual counseling, tutors, credit by exam, etc.
- Being accessible to advisees by phone and personal meetings during the normal working day, as well as at other times as special needs arise
- Assisting in course registration for the second semester of your freshman year and approving any changes in registration to assure that coursework will meet requirements
- Serving as a contact for parents who may want to share concerns or seek information about the progress of an advisee
Contact a Freshman Coordinator
Freshman coordinators can be contacted through the Student Life Office.