M.Ed. Early Childhood Education Birth–3rd Inclusive
As a student in Concordia University, Nebraska’s Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive program, you’ll gain the skills you need to positively impact the lives of young children.
When you choose Concordia for your M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive, you will:
- Learn innovative educational theory and instructional techniques through curriculum that explores current research and modern issues in teaching.
- Be prepared to step into the role of an accomplished teacher and mentor.
- Learn from expert veteran educators who deliver relevant, real-world experiences.
- Earn your online master’s degree from a university that intentionally intersects Christian faith, life experience and academics to help you grow as a whole person.
- Complete your 100 hours of direct field experience and 16 weeks of pre-primary and primary student teaching.
Get more info and start your Early Childhood Education journey today!
Start your journey today by filling out this quick form and one of our enrollment counselors will be in touch soon.
WHY STUDY EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION BIRTH-3RD INCLUSIVE AT CONCORDIA?
With a degree in Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive from Concordia University, you’ll find a distinctive blend of faith-based instruction and real-world, hands-on experience, including:
- Real-life application of course work. This M.Ed. program’s practicum requires the completion of 100 hours of field experience and 16 weeks of student teaching in pre-primary (PK) and primary (K-3rd) environments.
- Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive endorsement options. If you have already earned a master’s in education degree from Concordia Nebraska, you can earn the Early Childhood Endorsement or one of our many additional teaching endorsements.
- TEACH Grant eligibility. Students who meet requirements for the TEACH Grant may be able to apply grant funds to the Master of Education in the early childhood education program.
MEET OUR EXPERT FACULTY
Learn from experts in special education who bring faith, years of experience and specialized knowledge to the classroom.
RSVP to one of our next information sessions
Learn more about our programs at one of our next information sessions.
You may register for an information session by clicking "RSVP" next to your desired date and time.
Information sessions run approximately 20 minutes. During these meetings, we will discuss the program formats, application process, financial aid, payment plans and questions that you may have.
Concordia’s online graduate program in Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive conforms to the standards prescribed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Concordia is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
No teaching certificate or GRE required; students with current elementary teaching certificates may add the ECE endorsement to their degree.
Concordia’s NCATE-accredited online degree in Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive teaches students how to use a faith-based approach in diverse classrooms to help young children develop fundamental skills they’ll use throughout their lifetimes.
An Early Childhood Education Birth-3rd Inclusive graduate from Concordia University, Nebraska will be able to:
- Establish a deep understanding of current models and trends in early childhood education.
- Complete an advanced study of childhood development through the elementary school years.
- Exhibit an understanding of the selection and administration of standardized assessments for screening, diagnostics and progress monitoring.
- Expand your knowledge of key learning theories and their implications for the early classroom setting.
- Understand concepts and issues related to behavior management, education methods and procedures for serving the emotional, academic and social needs of young students.
An early childhood education degree prepares you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to promote learning in all young children. Schools, social service agencies, health care systems, institutions of higher education, and governmental agencies across the United States and Internationally are investing in well trained early childhood educators which allows you to earn wages commensurate to your advanced qualifications.
With an online master’s in early childhood education, you can apply your advanced expertise to a number of teaching and leadership careers including birth-3rd grade teacher, professor, family support specialist, consultant, mentor, researcher, and program administrator. You will also be prepared for continued studies in a doctoral program.
Through the program, you will complete 100 hours of field experience and 16 weeks of student teaching. There may be several early childhood education internship opportunities available near you, through which you can earn real-world experience in the classroom setting.
Early childhood education can be an extremely rewarding career path. You will become a major influence in the lives of young children and help them become lifelong learners. If you enjoy creativity, innovation and teaching fundamental skills that are used in everyday life, then a career in early childhood education may be right for you.
Interested in advancing your teaching skills, but not sure which M.Ed. is right for you? Explore our other master’s in special education programs or learn more about other M.Ed. degree paths at Concordia University:
M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
The Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction online helps you become a forward-thinking curriculum coordinator or teacher leader.
Early Childhood Special Education
Our early childhood special education master's program equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to design, implement and assess learning experiences in an early childhood special education (birth through kindergarten) classroom. As a teacher or other professional who understands disabilities, you have the opportunity to work closely with students with diverse developmental needs and help them establish a firm educational foundation filled with unique potential.
M.Ed. Special Education
Learn effective instructional strategies for students with learning, cognitive, mental and physical disabilities in our Master’s in Special Education online.
*Discounted rate does not apply to course-only options.