Certificate M.Ed. Teaching Endorsements
Concordia University, Nebraska’s teaching endorsements empower you to build expertise in a specific area of education that fits your passion for student learning and provides opportunities for career advancement.
Which of Concordia’s teaching endorsements will you choose to specialize your skillset and cultivate lifelong learners in your classroom?
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- As part of this endorsement, you’ll discover age-appropriate instructional approaches for children and their families. You’ll also learn how to foster learning environments that promote child safety and healthy development.
EARLY CHILDHOOD INCLUSIVE EDUCATION: BIRTH TO THIRD GRADE ENDORSEMENT
- One of the few online programs of its kind offered in Nebraska, this early childhood education endorsement leads to your initial teaching certificate in Nebraska. You will prepare to teach in early childhood settings by studying and practicing child development and creating inclusive learning environments.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE ENDORSEMENT
- Discover how to bridge the language gap for students whose first language is not English. The ESOL teaching endorsement program consists of 15 credits and can be completed in 10 months.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENT
- Discover how to use technology to enhance student learning, then learn how to lead the way in adapting new technologies at your school. This endorsement program consists of 15 credits and prepares you to help develop technology programs for Pre-K through 12th-grade students.
PRINCIPAL (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION) ENDORSEMENT
- Develop the skills you need to become an elementary or secondary school principal by gaining experience with curriculum development and implementation and the techniques of school leadership, management and organization. Choose from our K–6, 7–12 or K–12 endorsement programs.
SPECIAL EDUCATION ENDORSEMENT
- Learn how to develop an inclusive classroom with teaching strategies, behavior management and assessment techniques for students of all abilities. Course work in this program can be applied to the M.Ed. in Special Education, a K–6 or 7–12 Nebraska subject endorsement or a K–12 Nebraska field endorsement. Our special education endorsement program consists of a total of 42 credits, or 51 credits if you earn the K–12 endorsement.
READING SPECIALIST ENDORSEMENT
- Explore how to enhance students’ reading abilities and provide relevant remediation. The reading specialist teaching endorsement online program is 30 credits.
Improve student learning in the area of expertise you’re passionate about.
Start your journey today by filling out this quick form and one of our enrollment counselors will be in touch soon.
WHY CHOOSE CONCORDIA FOR YOUR EDUCATION ENDORSEMENT?
As you pursue your teaching endorsement from Concordia University, you will find a distinctive blend of faith-based instruction and real-world experience. You’ll also:
- Specialize your skillset and create opportunities for moving into the role that best suits you as an educator.
- Learn theory-based models of instruction and practical skills from experienced instructors equipped with nationally accredited curricula.
- Acquire in-depth, real-world experience in your specialization area through practicum hours (Note: Course requirements and practicum hours needed for each endorsement may vary).
- Complete a teaching endorsement in as few as 15 credit hours if you already have a Master of Education degree.
MEET OUR EXPERT FACULTY
In addition to expertise in the classroom, faculty for teaching endorsements exemplify Christian faith as teachers and mentors.
MEET OUR STUDENTS
This certificate will be beneficial to me in the roles I wish to grow into as a fledgling educator. I don't want to just serve, but I wish to do so by example, and in ways that are easy to imitate.
RSVP to one of our next information sessions
Learn more about our programs at one of our next information sessions.
You may register for an information session by clicking "RSVP" next to your desired date and time.
Information sessions run approximately 20 minutes. During these meetings, we will discuss the program formats, application process, financial aid, payment plans and questions that you may have.
Concordia’s online graduate education endorsements are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Concordia is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
With one of Concordia University’s teaching endorsements, you will be able to:
- Better serve students in your area of interest.
- Improve the delivery of instruction in your teaching endorsement area.
- Develop and improve curriculum content in literacy, ESL, childhood education or special education.
- Apply the latest theories and research in your endorsement area to your teaching.
- Exercise stronger leadership skills and strategies in the classroom.
- Live out your career according to your faith and personal morals.
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER
- High school teachers typically focus on one or two subject areas. As a high school teacher, you would plan lessons, teach and engage high schoolers and assess your students through multiple and varied means of classroom assessment. You might also have duties like sponsoring extracurricular activities, supervising students in hallways, outside or in the lunchroom and meeting with parents, administrators and other teachers.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER
- Middle school teachers teach students in one or more subjects in public or private schools at the middle, intermediate, or junior high level. As a middle school teacher, you will create lesson plans, teach your subject and grade assignments. You may also be in charge of administering state tests.
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
- Early childhood brings on significant developmental changes in children. Early childhood teachers need to understand how children develop so they can plan appropriate activities and effective lessons in a creative environment to support and encourage young children. As an early childhood teacher, you would be responsible for creating inclusive lesson plans, implementing a curriculum and working with each student to discover the most effective way of teaching and nurturing.
Adding a teaching endorsement to your current teaching certificates can help you specialize and excel in a number of areas. An additional endorsement will increase your qualifications for specific teaching positions.
Every endorsement program at Concordia requires the completion of practicum hours, developing valuable connections between coursework and classrooms.
A graduate degree provides an increase in salary in most schools and districts across the country. It also empowers a teacher to build expertise in a specific area of education. Concordia University, Nebraska offers various master’s degree programs online in areas such as early childhood, literacy, teaching English as a second language, curriculum and instruction, education administration, school counseling and special education.
TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Acquire the in-depth knowledge and real-world preparation to effectively teach English language and literacy with the master’s in TESOL online (M.Ed.).
M.Ed. Early Childhood Education
Gain the skills you need to make a positive impact in the lives of young children with Concordia Nebraska’s early childhood education online program.
Early Childhood Special Education
Our early childhood special education master's program equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to design, implement and assess learning experiences in an early childhood special education (birth through kindergarten) classroom. As a teacher or other professional who understands disabilities, you have the opportunity to work closely with students with diverse developmental needs and help them establish a firm educational foundation filled with unique potential.
Prepare to give students a lifelong love of reading and writing the English language through the online master's in reading and literacy program from Concordia.
M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
The Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction online helps you become a forward-thinking curriculum coordinator or teacher leader.
*Discounted rate does not apply to course-only options.