Other sources of aid

Veterans/Military Benefits

Students who are eligible for Veterans/Military benefits including, but not limited to VA, GI Bill, Post 9/11, Yellow Ribbon and National Guard benefits should contact their local benefits office to apply.  Please contact your local military office or website for benefit information.

After filing for benefits with your military office, students will also need to contact the Registrar’s Office at 800-535-5494 or VABenefits@cune.edu to have their enrollment certified to the VA.  The Registrar’s Office will need a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility.  Please contact the Graduate Financial Aid Office at 844-889-9724 or fasupport@cune.edu to secure this payment option for use of paying tuition.

Yellow Ribbon Program information can be found here.

The TEACH Grant Program

Concordia is participating in the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program.  The program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field (see #1 below for eligible programs at CU) for four years in a public or private elementary school, secondary school or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families.  You must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which you receive a TEACH Grant.

Steps to apply for the TEACH Grant: 

(The requirements below must be completed in this order)

  1.  Complete the TEACH Grant Interest Form at www.cune.edu/teachgrant and send to Concordia University Financial Aid Office.
  2.  Complete the TEACH Grant Entrance Counseling at http://teach-ats.ed.gov
  3. CUNE Financial Aid Director originates TEACH Grant with the government – then notifies student to do step 4
  4. Student completes Agreement to Serve form found at http://teach-ats.ed.gov

Pell Grants

(available only to undergraduate Degree Completion students)

Degree Completion students may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.  To qualify, the FAFSA (www.fafsa.gov) must be filed.  Pell grants are determined by a student’s EFC from the FAFSA.