Select student musicians perform in Fall Honor Recital at Concordia
Concordia University, Nebraska will hold its Fall Honor Recital Nov. 11, 2015, at 7 p.m. in the Recital Hall of the Music Center on campus.
This event is held twice a year. The students participating in the performance auditioned to participate and were judged by faculty members of Concordia’s music department. This year 22 students auditioned for 12 available performance slots.
Both instrumental and vocal talents will be showcased during the recital.
Students performing in the recital include (alphabetical by state, city, last name):
- Meredith Locke, sophomore, Winter Haven, Fla., singing “Ach, ich fühl’s” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Jacob Henson, senior, Herrin, Ill., playing “Sonata in C Major, Op. 15” by Mauro Giuliani on the guitar
- Peter Klinge, senior, State Center, Iowa, playing “Suite Gothique: IV Toccata” by Leon Boellmann on the organ
- Austin Theriot, junior, Lake Charles, La., playing “Prelude and Fugue in B-flat Major, BWV 866” by Johann Sebastian Bach on the piano
- Thomas Wyatt, senior, Bethel, Minn., playing “Prelude, Fugue, and Chaconne” by Dietrich Buxtehude on the organ
- Vanessa Marsh, freshman, Concordia, Mo., singing “Ici – bas” by Gabriel Fauré
- Erika Borslien, junior, West Fargo, N.D., playing “Rhapsodie für Klarinette” by Willson Osborne on the clarinet
- Barbara Leising, senior, Arapahoe, Neb., playing “2 Hymn Preludes: Beautiful Savior, What A Friend We Have in Jesus” by Charles Ore on the organ
- Megan Sparling, senior, Columbus, Neb., playing “Excursions, Op. 20, I. Un poco allegro” by Samuel Barber on the piano
- Lauren Staehr, senior, Grand Island, Neb., singing “V molchan’i nochi taynoy” by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Laura Hedstrom, junior, Oxford, Neb., playing “In Mystery and Wonder: The Casavant Diptych, II. Toccata - … His wonders to perform” by Dan Locklair on the organ
- Grace Woelmer, junior, Allen, Texas, playing “Prelude in D minor, Op. 23, No. 3” by Sergei Rachmaninoff on the piano