Red Path Gallery features Concordia student artwork
Nine Concordia students will have artwork on display at the Red Path Gallery and Tasting Room in Seward, Nebraska, throughout the month of May. The show opens Saturday, May 2, with a reception starting at 7 p.m. that evening.
“It is exciting to have artwork out in the public because it makes the art ‘bigger’ than the artist by giving it a chance to impact others,” said Concordia senior Grace Hollenbeck. “The community connecting with work I have done is a very humbling and exciting idea.”
Highlights of the exhibit include pieces such as a watercolor by Hollenbeck called “Autumnal,” a screen print by Mitchell Volk called “Ignorance is Bliss,” and two photographs by Eva Lube called “Courtney" and "Psalm 139.”
The Red Path Gallery is located on 514 Seward Street and is open Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
Students exhibiting artwork at Red Path include (alphabetical by state, city, last name):
- Grace Hollenbeck, senior, Parker, Colo.
- Luke Wohlgemuth, senior, Alton, Iowa
- Sylvia Braun, senior, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Amber Deepe, senior, Deshler, Neb.
- Eva Lube, junior, Lincoln, Neb.
- Mitchell Volk, junior, Lincoln, Neb.
- Sarah Bowe, senior, Omaha, Neb.
- Jenelle Hallaert, senior, Omaha, Neb.
- Austin Romine, junior, Fort Worth, Texas