Financial Aid Offers
Your financial aid offer package is in compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies and is based on the information we have as of the date of the email and/or mail notification is sent informing you that your online financial aid offer is ready.
Your financial aid is subject to revision if your circumstances change (i.e. FAFSA results change, additional awards are received, and/or your eligibility status changes). Please review the terms and conditions of the financial aid offer before accepting.
Accepting Your Financial Aid Offer
- Log onto the Concordia Portal
At the time you completed your online application, you set up your password and were provided a secure access code. If you have forgotten your password, please visit the password retrieval process.
- Click on the New Student or Academic Life tab at the top of the page
- Locate Banner Self-Service Quick Links and click on Accept Financial Aid Offer
- Select the correct aid year from the drop down menu and then select Submit
- Proceed to the Accept Award Offer tab:
- Certain awards, such as institutional aid or aid from outside sources like congregations or foundations, are automatically accepted for you
- For funds that have an Accept Award/Accept Partial Amount boxes:
- Accept the entire amount of the fund by choosing Accept, or
- Accept a partial amount of the fund by choosing Accept and typing the ANNUAL amount you would like to accept, or
- Decline the fund by choosing Decline
- Select Submit Decision after you have carefully reviewed your financial aid offer and have indicated your acceptance, declination or modification of each. This will transmit your decisions to the Financial Aid Office.
Once you have made your decision you cannot alter it on-line. Any changes needed will need to be emailed to the Financial Aid Office using your student email address.
- If you are a non-FAFSA filer or you are receiving a revised offer notification you may not see a ‘Submit Decision’ button. You will only need to review your offered aid.
- If you have a ‘Submit Decision’ button, your financial aid is in pending status until you make a decision on all offered aid and click Submit Decision. You must submit this electronic financial aid offer, as well as complete all fund specific requirements.
Financial Aid Offer Frequently Asked Questions
If yes, please click on the links below for more information.
On-campus employment opportunities, including those offered through the need-based Federal Work-Study Program, are made available to assist students in meeting some of the costs related to college attendance. Students receive pay via direct deposit bi-weekly, based on the number of hours worked. Students may arrange to have wages credited to their student account.
There are certain circumstances that may impact the timing of when your aid will be disbursed into your student account. Please see below the possible reasons why your aid may disburse after the tuition payment deadline (which is the first Monday after classes begin):
- Loan disbursements will not be credited to a student's account until the following has occurred:
- Other fund sources, such as outside scholarships, may not have been received yet by Concordia.
- IMPORTANT: All aid will not pay in if a final, official college transcript(s) or a final, official high school transcript is missing. It is essential that we have received all final, official college and high school transcripts by the tuition payment deadline to avoid financial probation and a late fee of $300 being assessed to your student account.
You should expect to cover some initial expenses no matter how much financial aid you have. Students who live off-campus should plan to pay (out of pocket) at least their first month's rent and living expenses each semester.
If you would like a paper copy of your award letter select the Award Overview tab, then click on ‘Print’ which is right below the General Information Tab. This will open a new window that you can print which serves as your paper version of the on-line award.
The Unsatisfied Disbursement Requirements on the Accept Award Offer tab reflect requirements that must be met prior to the disbursement of a particular fund. Within the Accept Award Offer tab you will see below the Unsatisfied Disbursement Requirements section. You can then click on the Instructions box on the far right for additional information.
Students are required to notify the Student Financial Services Office of the receipt of any outside aid. Please send a copy of any documentation that you have (or complete this form) to our office immediately for processing.
Certain Concordia University scholarships are funded through the generosity of individuals and organizations outside of the University. Students may be asked to write a letter of appreciation to personally thank the donor. Failure to meet this requirement may result in forfeiture of the scholarship.