Each year, in addition to other financial aid, Concordia University, Nebraska awards talent-based scholarships in voice, piano, organ, brass, woodwinds, percussion, strings and guitar. Music scholarships recipients participate in ensembles and take applied music lessons each semester to continue developing their talents and musicianship.
Full-Tuition Music Scholarships
A limited number of full-tuition scholarships will be awarded every year to students intending to major in music and who demonstrate outstanding musical skill and potential.
Partial-Tuition Music Scholarships
A limited number of talent-based scholarships, in variable amounts, will be awarded every year to students who intend to participate in music. These scholarships are available to students of any major.
To qualify for a music scholarship:
For Full-Tuition Scholarships
Auditions for full-tuition scholarships take place in two rounds. The first round is the submission of a video performance and music scholarship application, which must be received no later than October 15. Finalists selected for the second round are invited to Concordia's campus for live auditions in early December.
For Partial-Tuition Scholarships
Auditions for partial-tuition scholarships are accepted throughout the year for prospective students who are still in the university’s admission process. The music department offers awards within a few weeks of receiving a video performance and the music scholarship application.
Video Audition Guidelines
Students intending to major in music must submit a video performance of no more than 10 minutes, including two pieces in contrasting styles. Students not intending to major in music must submit a video performance of no more than 5 minutes, including one piece only.
- Voice: Perform a classical art song, aria, vocal jazz and/or musical theatre piece. (Foreign language is not required.)
- Organ or Piano: Perform any selection(s) from the standard repertory.
- Brass, Woodwinds, Strings: Perform a solo and/or etude from standard repertory.
- Percussion: Perform solo selection(s) from standard repertory on melodic and/or non-melodic percussion instruments.
- Guitar: Perform any selection(s) from the classical or folk genres.
You should have an accompanist where appropriate. Recorded accompaniment is allowed.
Receiving a Scholarship
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be required to:
- Take an applied music lesson each semester in their audition instrument/voice
(1 credit; comes with an applied music fee)
- Participate in a corresponding ensemble each semester
Academic and Performance Scholarships Available
There are a number of scholarships available for you at Concordia. Whether you’re participating in one of our performance areas, on one of the 22 athletic teams or for your academic achievements and faith background.