A few mug cake recipes!
At some point during the semester, you’ll crave a sweet treat to get you through a long night of homework. Unfortunately, living in a dorm will limit your ability to make real desserts you’re accustomed to having at home, and you’ll need to improvise. Well, look no further because I have some mug cake recipes that only require a microwave and a few simple ingredients.
Of course, you’ll need to make a quick trip to your local grocery store for some cooking items and ingredients, but many of these can be re-used for the following mug cake your heart will desire. On the bright side, these “cakes” only require a five to ten minute prep time and will cure any sugar craving you find yourself having. Here’s a few to start with.
Coffee Mug Cake
1 TBSP of butter
2 TBSP of sugar
2 TBSP of vanilla yogurt
¼ cup of flour
⅛ tsp of baking powder
1 TBSP of butter
2 TBSP of flour
1 TBSP of brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
1. Mix together butter and sugar into a mug until light and fluffy and mix in the egg
2. Stir in vanilla yogurt and add a few drops of vanilla extract.
3. Stir in flour and baking powder until the mixture is creamy.
4. Take ingredients for the crumb topping and smush them together with your thumbs, add the topping to the mug mixture.
5. Bake in the microwave for one minute and 20-30 seconds.
6.Let it cool and enjoy :)
Chocolate Mug Cake
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon water
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large microwave-safe mug; stir in milk, canola oil, water, and vanilla extract.
2.Cook in the microwave until the cake is done in the middle, about 1 minute 45 seconds.
Vanilla Mug Cake
¼ cup and ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of melted butter
3 tablespoons of milk
½ teaspoon of vanilla extracts
1 teaspoon of sprinkles
1.Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mug and stir together.
2.Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth, being sure to scrape the bottom of the mug, stir in sprinkles.
3.Cook in microwave for 70-90 seconds (until cake is set, let cool and enjoy)
A few things to keep in mind.
- Every microwave is different, make sure to adjust your bake time with what is needed for your microwave.
- Also, don’t forget to use a microwave safe mug!