M.S. Family Life Education
With Concordia University, Nebraska’s Master of Science in Family Life Education program, you can enhance your churchwork role and guide your congregation using a holistic view of modern therapy that’s infused with Scripture and emphasizes faith and family perspectives.
With an M.S. degree in Family Life Education, you will:
- Live your passion for helping others navigate life’s toughest issues with a degree that’s focused on the congregational environment rather than the clinic.
- Guide and support the families in your congregation and community by developing your knowledge of faith-focused family science perspectives that reflect Christ’s light and champion a Christian worldview that revitalizes and protects and strengthens marriages and families.
- Acquire the in-depth knowledge and real-world experience you need to counsel people of all ages and backgrounds as a certified Family Life Educator.
Strengthen Modern Counseling with Faith-Focused Family Perspectives.
Start your journey today by filling out this quick form and one of our enrollment counselors will be in touch soon.
WHY CHOOSE CONCORDIA FOR A DEGREE IN FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION?
Concordia University’s online M.S. in Family Life Education degree goes beyond the limits of traditional helping programs in the church by:
- Empowering pastors, DCE’s, deaconesses, and other church workers to practice the most effective helping skills tailored to the church environment.
- Combining modern psychological theories and practices with Biblical principles for a distinctive blend of faith-based instruction and real-world experience the centers in supporting the family.
- Enhancing the approach through holistic perspectives that reflect our relationship with Christ and emphasize marriages and families as a central agency God uses to demonstrate His love.
Concordia's online M.S. in Family Life Education program is accredited through the National Higher Learning Commission. Our program curriculum is aligned with the content requirements by the National Council on Family Relations. Graduates of our family life educator program are eligible to become Certified Family Life Educators through the NCFR. Our online FLE program can be completed over the course of two years through convenient eight-week courses. Want to read more about our curriculum? Click the curriculum tab above to learn more.
Join Family Life Program Directors for a special Information Session to learn more about this program!
A graduate of Concordia University’s Family Life Education master’s degree will be able to:
- Understand and apply a grounded family science approach by being relationship focused, evidence based, preventative and strength oriented.
- Apply knowledge of family science in a culturally appropriate manner to a wide range of demographic groups inside and outside the church environment.
- Utilize a variety of theoretical approaches to understating and helping families.
- Effectively guide congregation and community members of any age in matters of human growth & development, sexuality; family dynamics; resource management; parent & family education; family law: interpersonal relationships: ethics and family life methodology
- Equip and empower family members to develop knowledge and skills that enhance well-being and strengthen interpersonal relationships through an educational, preventive, and strengths-based approach.
A degree in Family Life education not only enables you to serve the members of your congregation and community, but also unlocks additional career roles in leadership and administration, teaching and higher education positions, speaking about mental health and specific areas of interest, and pioneering education of Christian perspectives and influence on ministry and counseling.
FAMILY LIFE EDUCATOR / COUNSELOR
- Use your knowledge and skills to help individuals, couples, and families effectively evaluate, understand, and develop solutions to myriad experiences and situations.
- Utilize Christ-focused perspectives to support and restore marriages, strengthen relationships and families, and positively influence entire communities.
A degree in Family Life Education may be right for you if you are passionate about using your skills in interpersonal relationships and psychology to assist individuals, couples, and families in effectively evaluating, understanding, and developing solutions through a faith-focused lens that holistically and faithfully emphasizes a Christian view of marriage and family.
Marriage and Family Therapy
When you join Concordia University, Nebraska’s Marriage & Family Therapy program, you will discover a Scripture-infused view of modern psychology and therapy that transforms marriages, families, and communities by focusing on faith and family perspectives.
*Discounted rate does not apply to course-only options.