Musical Arts Day
October 27, 2017
Each year, the best vocal and instrumental high school musicians from around the country audition for the opportunity to work with Concordia's music department students and faculty in clinics and rehearsals during the university's Musical Arts Day. Singers and instrumentalists receive a full day of high energy, focused rehearsing and acclaimed performances. Participants work closely with Concordia music faculty and students throughout a entire day that culminates with a concert featuring performances by the high school honor choir and band, selected soloists, and members of Concordia's University A Cappella Choir and University Symphonic Band.
Applications for 2017
Concordia University will host Musical Arts Day on Friday, October 27, 2017. High school students are invited to apply for admission to this exciting event on the campus of Concordia University, Nebraska. Application for this event are due Wednesday, September 13. For those accepted into the honor band and honor choir, there will be a $25 registration fee, payable on the day of the festival.
Requirements for Application
- Record your singing or playing your instrument. Only one song is needed; around one minute. Be sure to say your name on the recording.
- Send us your video. Choose one of the following:
- Post the video to YouTube. Be sure to make the video "unlisted" so we can view it. (You will list the YouTube link on the application form.)
- Email the video audition as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn audition to DVD and mail to:
Concordia University, Nebraska
Department of Music
800 N. Columbia Ave.
Seward, NE 68434
- Complete the application form below.