Musical Arts Day
A special event for high school students and their parents.
Each year some of the best vocal and instrumental high school musicians audition for the opportunity to work with Concordia's music department students and faculty in clinics and rehearsals during the university's Musical Arts Day. The closing evening concert features performances by the high school honor choir and band, selected soloists, and members of Concordia's University A Cappella Choir and University Symphonic Band.
"Musical Arts Day is a unique experience for high school musicians," explained Dr. Kurt von Kampen, A Cappella Choir director. "Not only do singers and instrumentalists receive a day full of high energy, focused rehearsing and performing, but also they have the chance to meet new friends from across the country. It is a highlight of our year in the music department and, for the students, it is a tremendous opportunity for musical growth and making new friends."
Applications for 2016
Concordia University will host its next honor band and honor choir day Friday, October 28, 2016. High school students are invited to apply for admission to this exciting event on the campus of Concordia University, Nebraska. Application for honor band and honor choir day at Concordia needed by Wednesday, September 14. For those accepted into the honor band and honor choir, there will be a $25 registration fee, payable on the day of the festival.
Requirements for Application
- Record your singing or playing your instrument. Only need one song – around one minute. Be sure to say your name on the recording.
- Send us your video. Choose one of the following:
- Post the video to YouTube. Be sure to make the video "unlisted" so we can view it. (You will list the YouTube link on the application form.)
- Email the video audition as an attachment to: email@example.com
- Burn audition to DVD and mail to:
Concordia University, Nebraska
Department of Music
800 N. Columbia Ave.
Seward, NE 68434
- Complete the application form, below.