Founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia University, Nebraska is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning. The main campus is located in Seward, Neb. (population 7,000), about 25 miles west of Lincoln, the state capitol. The graduate school and degree completion program are based in Lincoln.
Academic programs offered
Students at Concordia include undergraduates, graduate students and adult learners seeking to complete a college degree.
Concordia at a glance
- Concordia has more than 50 undergraduate and graduate programs and numerous pre-professional programs from which to choose. View a list of programs, majors and minors at Concordia.
- Concordia's student/faculty ratio is 17:1.
- The faculty are easily accessible and personalize educational content to meet the desires of each student.
- Concordia's classes offer Christian-infused academic materials and discussions while incorporating considerations regarding worldly views as well.
- Concordia has specific buildings designated for specific areas of study, and professors often incorporate professionals into the classroom to offer insights and share real-world experiences.
- Concordia University, Nebraska is ranked in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category in U.S. News and World Report's rankings.
- Nearly 80% of our faculty have earned the highest degree in their respective fields of study.
The Student Experience
- Concordia University, Nebraska is affiliated with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod; attending Concordia Nebraska will foster growth of your faith and provide an education based on Christian principles and values.
- More than 2,200 students from 43 states and several foreign countries are studying here.
- Located in town of Seward, Neb., a community known for friendliness and community spirit. Seward is also less than half an hour from the entertainment and resources of Lincoln. Read more about places to go in town and off-campus.
- Nearly 99 percent of our students receive financial assistance.
- The music department has 12 music ensembles, including the University A Cappella Choir and Symphonic Band, both of which tour nationally and internationally.
- From pre-professional to service-oriented groups, more than 25 different organizations offer an array of activities on and off campus.
- More than 50% of Concordia’s students are part of an athletic team—the university offers 21 intercollegiate athletic programs and is a member of the Great Plains Athletic Conference, one of the premier conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- Concordia leads the nation in total, all-time NAIA scholar-athletes and, for 2010-11, led the country in NAIA scholar teams.
- Ninety-two percent of our graduates in the natural sciences gained employment or positions in health careers programs, graduate school, science education, and the science industry. Three percent have gone into full-time mission work or to seminary.
- Overall, Concordia's placement rate is 98%.
- Concordia is the leader in preparing professional workers for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
- Students fill more than 500 on-campus part-time jobs.
Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
By 2015 Concordia University, Nebraska will grow and expand its influence to diverse populations by fostering collaboration and adapting to our changing environment while remaining faithful to our mission of excellent Christian education.