We are planning to celebrate the Class of 2021's accomplishments with two in-person ceremonies on Saturday, May 8, contingent on public health safety guidelines.
Download Your Class Sign
Congrats on your achievement! Download and display your #CUNEGrad Class of 2020 or 2021 sign at home - in your window, on your lawn, in a selfie - to celebrate your achievements. Show us on social media with #CUNEGrad!
Download the Commencement Program
If you weren’t able to attend in person, or if you want another keepsake, you can download this year’s program.
Commencement Weekend Schedule
Friday, May 7
Bookstore open for Regalia Pick-up 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.Janzow Campus Center, lower level
Baccalaureate Service 7 p.m.St. John Lutheran Church, Seward, Neb.
Graduates are welcome to participate in-person, and bring up to (2) guests. The service will also be livestreamed.
Saturday, May 8
Bookstore Open for Regalia Pick-up 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.Janzow Campus Center, lower level
All Undergraduates Line Up for Processional 8:30 a.m.Thom Main Street
Undergraduates Ceremony 9:30 a.m.Friedrich Arena (Inside Walz Human Performance Complex)
Doors open at 8 a.m. for guests. The ceremony will also be streamed online.
Undergraduates Recession to Bulldog Stadium 10:45 a.m.Bulldog Stadium
Master's Graduates Line Up for Processional 12 p.m.Thom Main Street
Graduate Ceremony 1 p.m.Friedrich Arena (Inside Walz Human Performance Complex)
Doors open at 12 p.m. for guests. The ceremony will also be streamed online.
Master's Graduates Recession to Bulldog Stadium 2:15 p.m.Bulldog Stadium
Health & Safety Guidelines
As you may know, the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has specific requirements for events and gatherings. We are working with our local health agency, Four Corners Health Department, to ensure our event meets all Directed Health Measures (DHMs).
There is a possibility the State and/or Four Corners may release new DHMs between now and the event, which will cause us to adjust our protocols, or cancel the event if we cannot make accommodations within the DHMs. Any changes to the plan below will be communicated to registered attendees and published on this page.
To make this event a success, and to keep you and our attendees as safe as possible, we have implemented the following public health safety protocols before, during and after the event.
Before The Event
- Commencement will be held in Friedrich Arena on campus. Due to capacity requirements, each graduate will be able to bring up to five guests. We realize this may be limiting for larger families. Should capacity guidelines increase between now and May 8, we’ll provide additional details for registering more guests, but at this time, the guest limit is mandated. Live streaming of each ceremony will be available on this page.
- Guests may enter through the north main doors to the Walz Human Performance Complex, where you will check in with your paper ticket.
- The campus bookstore will be open on Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for regalia pick up.
- Before you and your guests arrive on campus, you will be required to conduct a self-screen to keep you, your guests and other attendees as safe as possible. During this process, you will be asked questions related any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Handicap parking is available in front of Walz. Security will be available to direct you.
- Handicap seating is available in the top concourse and in the Athletic Hall of Fame viewing room.
During The Event
- All graduates will meet at Thom Mainstreet at the designated times.
- Graduates will be seated on the floor of Friedrich Arena with appropriate physical distancing. Distancing will also be required in the stands between all family units as you're able.
- Face coverings are required inside the complex at all times. All guests and participants must bring their own face coverings.
- We have doubled our janitorial crew for the event, and high-touch traffic areas, as well as restrooms, will receive extra cleaning before and during the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the arena.
- You may bring your own water bottles into the arena. No other outside food or drinks will be allowed.
After The Event
- Graduates will not need to bring the diploma binder back.
- Ushers will dismiss guests based on seating location. Please make your way out of the arena in a timely manner, as there will be another ceremony after yours.
- All other campus buildings will be closed, but you are encouraged to take photos with your friends and family around outdoor locations on campus, such as the sign on Columbia Ave., steps of Weller, Founders Hall, or wherever else you’d like.
Lodging Options Available
Room blocks have been reserved under Concordia Commencement at the following:
|Hotel and Address||Room Rate per night|
|Cobblestone - Seward
2575 Progressive Rd.
Seward, NE 68434 (402) 646-1004
|$109.99 + tax|
|Hampton Inn & Suites Northeast I-80
7343 Husker Circle
Lincoln, NE 68504 (402) 435-4600
|$120 + tax|
|Hampton Inn - York
309 W. David Dr.
York, NE 68467 (402) 362-0222
|Starting at $105 + tax|
|Holiday Inn Express - York
4020 S. Grand Ave.
York, NE 68467 (402) 745-6272
|$109 + tax|
|Country Inn & Suites, Lincoln Airport
1301 W. Bond Circle
Lincoln, NE 68521 (402) 474-2080
|Starting at $82 + tax|
|Courtyard Marriot - Downtown
808 R St.
Lincoln, NE 68508 (402) 904-4800
|Starting at $129 + tax
(Parking fee not included)
The baccalaureate service is optional, however, registration is required for graduates planning to attend. Due to limited seating and health guidelines, the service is open to graduates and (2) guests. The service will also be available via livestream.
If you register for your specific ceremony, please ensure you attend. If your plans change, please let us know.
Due to the number of guests expected for each ceremony, reserved seating is not available, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Your diploma will be mailed to you regardless if you attend Commencement or not.
It is doubtful there will be rideshare options, as many rideshare drivers in Seward operate in Lincoln.
Each ceremony will last approximately one hour.
There will not be a stage photographer. After the ceremony, graduates and their guests are encouraged to take photos around the various backdrops around campus.
No, once you exit Thom, the building will be locked. If possible, please leave your things with your guest, or return them to your vehicle before the processional starts.