Discover yourself. Pursue your potential. Go higher.
If you are a student who needs an excellent academic education and desires a diverse, Christ-centered community, Concordia University, Nebraska is the college that can best prepare, serve, mentor, support and inspire you to develop a clearer identity, improve your skills, explore your higher purpose and ultimately be more successful in the ways that matter to you through your career, family, community and world.
If you feel that you have a higher purpose, Concordia can provide you with the experience you need to fulfill that purpose.
If you haven’t yet discovered what your higher purpose is, Concordia’s faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends can help develop your talents in ways that will help you effectively explore, identify and ultimately fulfill your purpose, whether it’s a specific personal or professional goal or something grander.
Maybe you simply want a higher education. Maybe you want a stronger faith, better skills, prestigious accomplishments or athletic records. Whatever the desire, Concordia can help you reach your goals—and, with our help, you may be able to achieve more than you ever imagined possible.
At Concordia, you will:
Get a High-quality Higher Education.
- Concordia is ranked in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category in the U.S. News and World Report’s rankings.
- Nearly 80% of our faculty have earned the highest degree in their respective fields of study.
- Concordia’s student/faculty ration is 17:1.
- Concordia has more than 50 undergraduate programs and 17 graduate program from which to choose. Majors range from art to education, chemistry and theology, and many other disciplines in between.
Serve a Higher Purpose.
- Concordia is a Christian-infused university that is affiliated with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
- Concordia offers many opportunities to put your faith into action.
- Use your talents to impact the community and world.
Get Higher Financial Support.
- 100% of our students receive financial assistance.
- Last year, our average financial aid offer not including loans was $15, 253, which is 48.5% of the cost of tuition, fees, dorm, and meals.
- Many students who thought they couldn’t afford a private college found it to be cheaper than a state school.
Develop a Higher Faith.
- Approximately nine out of 10 students have declared their Christian faith, and other faiths are welcome and encouraged to attend and contribute to stimulating class discussions and academic learning environments.
- St. John Lutheran Church (LCMS) is across the street from campus, and other Lutheran, Catholic, and protestant churches are nearby around town.
- Concordia holds a well-attended, optional chapel every weekday on campus for students, faculty and staff, offering both traditional and praise/contemporary worship opportunities.
Fulfill a Higher Calling.
- Concordia has nearly 100% placement rates in mathematics, biology, physics, computer science, pre-seminary, and DCE.
- Ninety-two percent of our graduates in the natural sciences gained employment or positions in health careers programs, graduate school, science education, and the science industry. Three percent have gone into full-time mission work or to seminary.
- Concordia is a leader in preparing professional workers for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
Achieve Higher Skills.
- Concordia offers 20 intercollegiate athletic programs and is a member of the Great Plans Athletic Conference, one of the premier conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- Concordia leads the nation in total, all-time NAIA scholar athletes.
- There are 12 music ensembles within the music department, including the University A Cappella Choir and Symphonic Band, both of which tour nationally and internationally.
- The Art Department offers undergraduate studio spaces and a state-of-the-art Mac computer lab, as well as the Marxhausen Gallery of Art on campus and Red Path Gallery in Seward which offer opportunities to showcase your art.
- From pre-professional to service-oriented groups, more than 25 different organizations offer an array of activities on and off campus.
Here, students receive an excellent, holistic, Christ-centered education and upon graduation are prepared to serve and lead in church and world.
Rev. Dr. Brian L. Friedrich