Thank you for taking time to learn about Concordia University, Nebraska.
We look forward to getting to know you and how we might help you meet your educational and career goals.
The Concordia ExperienceAs you learn more about us, we want you to know about our mission and how it is lived out through the Concordia Experience, an experience our alumni often refer to as the most significant experience in shaping them into the person of faith and service they are today:
We are committed to insuring the Concordia Experience for every student:
- Christ-centered: One of the strongest themes that our students identify when they talk about why they ultimately chose to attend Concordia was that Jesus Christ is clearly evident on campus-in chapel, in classrooms, in the cafeteria.
- Vibrant community: When we ask students to describe how they feel on campus, the words they use most frequently are "home" and "family." The Washington Monthly, a journal that looks at how schools are meeting their public obligations in the areas of research, service and social mobility ranked us 28th among all baccalaureate colleges in the nation.
- Faculty who care: The faculty at Concordia cares deeply about students, academically, socially and spiritually. Our students love to share stories of professors who know them by name, who welcome phone calls to home numbers and who support them by attending the events and activities in which they participate.
- Academic excellence: In 2012 Concordia was ranked in the top tier of U.S. News' Midwest Regional Universities list. Among the Concordias, we also stand out: Based on our overall score of 50, Concordia Nebraska is the highest ranked school in the 10-member Concordia University System.
Other achievements and statistics that will help you gain an understanding of who we are:
- Our students number more than 2100 undergraduate and graduates from more than 40 states and several foreign countries.
- Nearly 90 percent of our health professions and pre-law graduates are accepted by medical and law colleges.
- We are the leader in placing graduates in the professional ministries of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- Concordia University, Nebraska again was named to the top tier in a U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 “America’s Best Colleges” ranking, this time in the Regional University - Midwest category.
- We have the most all-time total NAIA scholar athletes, 919, of any school.
- The Walz Human Performance Complex is used by the campus and Seward community and houses our Health, Human Performance program and is the focal point of our intercollegiate and intramural athletic programs.
- Last year we awarded more than $23 million in scholarship aid to our students.
- Our graduate and degree completion programs continue to grow and expand and are now delivered face to face in Columbus, Lincoln, Omaha, Seward and online. Learn more about those here: www.cune.edu/Masters or www.cune.edu/DCP.
- Among 2010 graduates, 80% of students majoring in Exercise Science, Fitness Studies, Sport Studies, and Community Health have been placed in full-time field related areas six months post graduation. Students wishing to enter graduate school have experienced a 100% acceptance rate.
- Within the past three years, 94% of music majors who are actively looking for full-time employment received a full-time position within a year of graduation.
- Ninety percent of our graduates in the natural sciences gained employment or positions in health career programs, graduate school, science education, and the science industry.
- Of Concordia's social science graduates since December of 2009, 86% are either pursuing advanced degrees or employed full time.
- Since 2004, 96% of our graduates majoring in theology have been placed in full-time church vocations throughout the United States of America.
At Concordia, students are priority No. 1!
At Concordia, students receive an excellent, holistic, Christ-centered education and upon graduation are prepared to serve and lead in church and world.
We'd love to have you come join us: for a visit or to prepare for your career!
Rev. Dr. Brian L. Friedrich