Discover yourself. Pursue your potential. Go higher.
If you are a student who wants an excellent academic education and desires a vibrant, Christ-centered community, Concordia University, Nebraska is the college that can best prepare, serve, mentor, support and inspire you to develop a clearer identity, improve your skills, explore your calling and ultimately serve and lead through your career, family, church, community and world.
Concordia will engage you in dynamic, life-shaping learning experiences and relationships. As you do, you will discover, pursue and realize your purpose and calling.
Concordia's faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends will help you develop your talents in ways that will help you effectively explore, identify and ultimately fulfill your personal and professional goals.
Maybe you simply want a higher education. Maybe you want a stronger faith, better skills, prestigious accomplishments or athletic records. Whatever the desire, Concordia can help you reach your goals—and, with our help, you may be able to achieve more than you ever imagined possible.
At Concordia, you will:
Get a High-quality Higher Education.
- Concordia is ranked in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category in the U.S. News and World Report's rankings (#40).
- Nearly 80% of our faculty have earned the highest degree in their respective fields of study.
- Concordia's student/faculty ratio is 13:1.
- Concordia has more than 70 undergraduate programs and more than 30 graduate programs from which to choose.
- Majors range from art to education, chemistry and theology, and many other disciplines in between.
- Our most popular majors are business, biology, psychology and education.
Serve a Higher Purpose.
- Concordia is a Christ-centered university that is a member of the nationwide nine school Concordia University System of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
- Concordia offers many opportunities to put your faith into action.
- Concordia inspires you to use your talents to impact the community, church and world.
Get Higher Financial Support.
- 100% of our undergraduate students receive financial assistance.
- Last year, our average financial aid offer not including loans was $21,615, which is 55.3% of the cost of tuition, fees, dorm, and meals.
- Many students who thought they couldn't afford a private college found it to be cheaper than a state school.
Develop a Higher Faith.
- Jesus Christ is at the center of all that we do as a University. It is our intention that all of our students will grow in faith. Inside and outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to wrestle with issues related to faith and life and above all to know God’s saving love of them.
- St. John Lutheran Church (LCMS) is across the street from campus, and other Lutheran, Catholic, and Christian congregations are available in the Seward community.
- Concordia holds a well-attended, optional chapel worship experience every weekday on campus for students, faculty and staff, offering both traditional and praise/contemporary worship opportunities.
Fulfill a Higher Calling.
- Concordia has nearly 100 percent placement rates in mathematics, biology, physics, computer science, pre-seminary, and Director of Chrisitan Education (DCE).
- Ninety-two percent of our graduates in the natural sciences gained employment or positions in health careers programs, graduate schools, science education, and the science industry. Three percent have gone into full-time mission work or to graduate theological study at a seminary or divinity school.
- Concordia is a leader in preparing full-time professional workers for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
Achieve Higher Skills.
- Concordia offers 21 intercollegiate athletic programs and is a member of the Great Plans Athletic Conference, one of the premier conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- Concordia leads the nation in total, all-time NAIA scholar athletes.
- There are 12 music ensembles within the music department, including the University A Cappella Choir and Symphonic Band, both of which tour nationally and internationally.
- The Art Department offers undergraduate studio spaces and a state-of-the-art Mac computer lab, as well as the Marxhausen Gallery of Art on campus and Red Path Gallery in Seward which offer opportunities to showcase your art.
- From pre-professional to mission- and service-oriented groups, more than 25 different student led organizations offer an array of activities on and off campus.
Rev. Dr. Brian L. Friedrich