Gathering of the Talents
Concordia annually hosts hundreds of students from Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod churches, elementary and middle schools as part of its Gathering of the Talents festival. Begun in 1943, the event brings in participants from kindergarten through eighth grade from Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and South Dakota.
Registration and Participant Information
The 2015 Gathering will take place on April 11, 2015. The church and school registration deadline is December 1, 2014.
Forms & Registration
Purple ribbons awarded
Download list of purple ribbon recipients for 2014
Performances begin as early as 8 a.m. the day of the event. Campus venues and display areas for the Gathering of the Talents include:
- Creative Writing and Art: Walz Hall of Fame Room
- Dance: Walz arena
- Drama: Thom Leadership Education Center
- Music: Bands - PE building
- Music: Solos and small ensembles - Music Center
- Music: Choirs - St. John Lutheran Church