On Jan. 27–29, 17 Concordia University, Nebraska students, who are members of the Bulldogs for Life pro-life club on campus, traveled to Washington, D.C. to walk in the March for Life and attend the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Life Conference.
“The Bulldogs for Life group at Concordia upholds the sanctity of life created by God from conception until natural death,” said Concordia student, Grace Woelmer, president of the club. “We work to help provide for young mothers by collecting donations and supporting pregnancy centers. We also aim to bring awareness about abortion and other life issues to the community of Concordia. We traveled to the March for Life to represent our belief for the right to life for all people and to be the voice for the voiceless.”
The March for Life is an annual peaceful demonstration held on or around the anniversary of the United States Surpreme Court’s decision legalizing abortion in the case Roe v. Wade.
“The fact that nearly 800,000 of us gathered together for the same purpose made me realize the united nature of the protest in the face of so much disunity in our country,” said Concordia student, Isaiah Armbrecht. “During the march, the Lutheran contingent walked together singing hymns and parts of the liturgy. I was proud to be part of the LCMS, where the Word of God was heard and sung, instead of mere shouting.”
The Bulldogs for Life group also attended the LCMS Life Conference, Jan. 27–29 in Arlington, Virginia where they heard speakers such as the LCMS president, Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, Dr. Jonathan Fisk and Dr. George Delgado.
The list of Concordia students who traveled to Washington D.C. includes (listed by state, then alphabetically by city and last name):
- Angela Bell, freshman, Peoria, Ariz.
- Peter Jensen, sophomore, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Lindsay Sampson, senior, Tustin, Calif.
- Robin Consier, sophomore, Churdan, Iowa
- Isaiah Armbrecht, sophomore, Williamsburg, Iowa
- Emma Wendorff, junior, Winthrop, Minn.
- Izaak Wendorff, senior, Winthrop, Minn.
- Kelly Snader, junior, Higginsville, Mo.
- Abigail Whitener, junior, Manchester, Mo.
- Samantha Coomer, junior, Wentzville, Mo.
- Karlene Embretson, junior, Falls City, Neb.
- Brooke McNiel, junior, Holdrege, Neb.
- Clara Rich, senior, Lincoln, Neb.
- Eric James, freshman, Omaha, Neb.
- Tabby Consier-Jones, sophomore , Seward, Neb.
- Grace Woelmer, senior, Allen, Texas
- Krista Schmidt, junior, Giddings, Texas