Concordia annually hosts hundreds of students from local homeschools, schools, churches, and organizations as part of its Gathering of the Talents festival. Begun in 1943, the event brings in participants from Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and South Dakota.
Registration and Participant Information
The 2020 Gathering is scheduled for March 28, 2020. The church and school registration deadline is November 22, 2019.
The event is open to students in grades 4-8.
Events this year include creative art and writing workshops, performances by Concordia Music ensembles, drama productions and the Concordia Cheer and Dance teams.
Last Year's Schedule Highlights
Meet in Walz Lobby by the Bulldog
Performances begin as early as 8 a.m. the day of the festival.
Schedule highlights this year will include:
- Art Experience Workshops - Marxhausen Art Gallery
- Creative Writing Workshop - Dunklau Center
- Choral Music Workshops - St. John Lutheran Church
- Improvisation Workshop - Thom Auditorium
- Literary Recitation Event - Dunklau Lecture Hall
- Dunklau Center Tours - Dunklau Lobby
- Meet Bruiser the Bulldog - Various Locations
- IMPROVables Performance - Thom Auditorium
- A Cappella Choir Performance - St. John Lutheran Church
- Closing Ceremony - St. John Lutheran Church
- Various Locations - note individual schedules
- (Family activities on the campus quad throughout the day)