2022 NAIA Women’s Soccer Scholar-Athletes
SEWARD, Neb. – The Concordia University Women’s Soccer program is well-represented on the list of 2022 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes. Thirteen Bulldogs were honored with NAIA Scholar-Athlete status, as announced on Monday (Nov. 28). That number is an increase from the nine Scholar-Athletes the program garnered for the 2021-22 academic year.
The 2022 list of women’s soccer honorees includes 1,557 student-athletes. In order to be nominated by an institution’s head coach or sports information director, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, must appear on the eligibility certificate for the sport and have attended one full year at said institution.
Below is the list of Bulldog Scholar-Athletes. Repeat honorees for the program include Aliyah Aldama, Allee Downing, Ellie Eason, Lina Kirst, Kadyn Lane and Lisa McClain.
Concordia University ranks as the NAIA’s all-time leader in number of Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes with 2,121 entering the 2022-23 academic year. The school record for number of Scholar-Athletes in one academic year is 226 achieved in 2019-20. Concordia has been a regular national leader for both Scholar-Athletes and Scholar-Teams.
2022 Women’s Soccer NAIA Scholar-Athletes
· Aliyah Aldama (Torrance, Calif.)
· Lilley Barber (Overland Park, Kan.)
· Allee Downing (Sioux City, Iowa)
· Ellie Eason (Kirkland, Wash.)
· Emily Howard (Overland Park, Kan.)
· Lina Kirst (Koeln, Germany)
· Kadyn Lane (Phoenix, Ariz.)
· Lisa McClain (Fraser, Colo.)
· Lauren Edmond (Gastonia, N.C.)
· Senna McMullen (Olathe, Kan.)
· Molly Roberts (Columbus, Neb.)
· Taylor Slaymaker (Kearney, Neb.)
· Katelyn Smith (Omaha, Neb.)