2022 NAIA Football Scholar-Athletes
SEWARD, Neb. – Thirteen Bulldogs have represented the Concordia University Football program with 2022 Daktronics NAIA Scholar-Athlete recognition. Football Scholar-Athletes were announced on Tuesday (Dec. 13) by the NAIA. The full list of Concordia award winners is listed at bottom. Repeat honorees include Mason Edwards, Gabe Ellis, Toby Hager, Jaxson Kant, Karsten McCarter, Daylan Russell, Gideon Schauer and Logan Srna.
The 2022 list of NAIA football honorees includes student-athletes from 89 institutions. In order to be nominated by an institution’s head coach or sports information director, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, must appear on the eligibility certificate for the sport and have attended one full year at said institution.
A native of La Mirada, Calif., Hager was also named to the Academic All-District® Football Team by College Sports Communicators. The Concordia Football program has landed a team member on the All-District list in each of the past 10 years.
Concordia University ranks as the NAIA’s all-time leader in number of Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes with 2,121 entering the 2022-23 academic year. The school record for number of Scholar-Athletes in one academic year is 226 achieved in 2019-20. Concordia has been a regular national leader for both Scholar-Athletes and Scholar-Teams.
2022 Football NAIA Scholar-Athletes
· Jackson Anderson (Highlands Ranch, Colo.)
· Mason Edwards (Wichita, Kan.)
· Gabe Ellis (Kingsdown, Kan.)
· Toby Hager (La Mirada, Calif.)
· Joseph Kahrs (Naponee, Neb.)
· Jaxson Kant (Norfolk, Neb.)
· Ayden King (Doniphan, Neb.)
· Karsten McCarter (Elm Creek, Neb.)
· Reed McFadden (Purdum, Neb.)
· Nathan Miller (Seward, Neb.)
· Daylan Russell (Alma, Neb.)
· Gideon Schauer (Union, Ill.)
· Logan Srna (Culver, Kan.)