2020-21 Fan and Media Game Day Information
Fan Expectations & Event Operations
- Fans are expected to properly self-screen prior to attending an event on campus. An example of a self-screening can be found at go.cune.edu/screening.
- Please refrain from attending events while experiencing one or more symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Spectators, employees, recruits, non-game day participants and game management personnel must wear face coverings and adhere to six feet physical distancing (indoor and outdoor venues).
- Bulldog Athletic events will allow fans and adhere to all crowd gathering guidelines that fall within the CDC, State of Nebraska, and Four Corners Health Department (75% capacity at outdoor events and 25% capacity at indoor events). Consistent with GPAC policy, spectators will not be allowed at indoor track and field meets.
- Pre-game and in-game announcements will be read at regular intervals reminding those in attendance to adhere to six-feet physical distancing in addition to wearing face coverings.
- Family groups (no more than 8 people) may sit together with six feet spacing between their group and other family groups/spectators.
- All spectators are asked to find seating upon entering Bulldog Athletic venues. Limiting movements within shared spaces is recommended. No loitering during athletic contests.
- Admission gate personnel will wear PPE for bag checks, ticketing and gate operations.
- Sanitization stations will be present throughout athletic venues.
- High touch areas/equipment will be cleaned frequently throughout home events.
- Pregame or postgame gatherings will not be allowed at Bulldog Athletic events. Parents and family members of student-athletes should make alternate arrangements to meet following athletic contests. Tailgating is not permitted.
- ADA viewing section with accessibility to restrooms and concessions located at the top of the concourse in the east stadium.
- Concessions will be available and must be consumed while seated. Eating and drinking items purchased from the concession stand will be the only time face coverings are permitted to be removed.
Traffic Patterns and Seating
Bulldog Stadium (Football)
- Home fans will enter the facility through the south admission gate (east side of the stadium) and sit in the east bleachers/natural grass areas (not allowed on the track, jump pits, or turf). Exit point during the game is the north admission gate (east side of the stadium). Following the game, all gates are exit points.
- Away fans will enter the facility through the admission gate on the west side of the stadium and sit in the west bleachers/natural grass areas (not allowed on the track or turf). Exits point during the game will be the south stadium gate. Following the game, all gates are exit points.
Bulldog Stadium (Soccer)
- Home and away fans will enter the facility through the south admission gate (east side of the stadium) and sit in the east bleachers only. Exit point during the game is the north admission gate (east side of the stadium). Following the game, all gates are exit points.
Walz Athletic Facility (Volleyball)
- Home students will access and exit the facility through the external south Walz lobby doors. Access to the arena will be through the main admission gate and seating will be on the southwest side of the arena.
- Home fans will access and exit the facility through the external north Walz lobby doors. Access to the arena will be through the main admission gate and seating will be on the north side of the arena behind the home bench.
- Visiting fans will access and exit the facility through the external north Walz lobby door. Access to the arena will be through the main admission gate and seating will be on the northeast side of the arena and behind the visiting team bench.
Information for Media
Concordia University, Nebraska will continue to invite media to cover our athletic programs during the 2020-21 season. In order to ensure the safety of fellow media members, athletes, coaches, officials and event staff, we ask that you comply with all COVID-19 related protocols.
All media must:
- Contact Jake Knabel, Director of Athletic Communications, of their intentions to cover specific games or events in advance. At least 24 hours of advance notice is preferred (for football, indicate if sideline access is needed).
- Wear a media pass while present on the sideline at Concordia athletic events. This media pass will be issued by the athletic department. Media passes can be picked up on the day of the event as early as one hour prior to game time and throughout the event (north gate for events held in Bulldog Stadium and Admission Gate for Walz Arena contests).
- Wear face coverings at all times while attending the event. The exception will be on air radio/webcast broadcasts (GPAC conference mandate).
- Receive a COVID-19 health screening prior to being admitted into each athletic event or contest (for those requesting sideline or press box access). The locations for screenings will be the north gate of Bulldog Stadium prior to receiving the media pass.
- When conducting on-site interviews, the media, coaches and student-athletes are expected to wear face coverings.
Due to space limitations, we will not be able to offer seating in the press box for media, with the exception of visiting radio broadcast crews. Within Bulldog Stadium, visiting radio crews will be directed to the videoboard control room. Within Walz Arena, visiting radio crews will be placed on the upper concourse on the south side of the arena. Please contact Jake Knabel upon arrival for correct location(s).
When conducting on-site interviews, the media, coaches and student-athletes are expected to wear face coverings.