June 10-20, 2022
From unspoiled forests and majestic waterfalls to silver-blue glaciers and spectacular wildlife, discover Alaska’s natural wonders! Join Concordia Alumni and Friends for a 10-day Alaska vacation of a lifetime including a 7-night cruise June 10 - June 20, 2022.
Your travel hosts will be:
- Dr. Bernard and Joyanna Bull
- Dr. Jack Kinworthy, professor of geography emeritus and Judi Kinworthy '74
- Dr. Jen Fruend, assistant professor of biology and Dr. Jon Moberly, dean of the College of Business
- Jen Furr CO '97 GR '03, senior director of alumni and university relations, and Quinton Furr '01
Highlights of the trip will include Anchorage, Talkeetna, riding on the Alaska Railroad, Denali National Park, visiting an Iditarod sled dog kennel, seeing the animals at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and exploring Seward.
UPDATE: There are no oceanview or inside cabins left, only rooms left are veranda cabins
From Vancouver to Anchorage, with a 3-day tour of Denali National Park, where we will enjoy God’s great creations! All are welcome to join us—alumni, parents of alumni and students, students, Friends of Concordia, faculty, staff and everyone in between! The more the merrier!
We will host teleconference calls for us rookies on “how to go on a cruise,” where you’ll learn more about the trip and walk through additional details. If you are interested in being on a call and want more information, please send an email to Alumni Director Jennifer Furr (firstname.lastname@example.org), and she will add to you to the list.
You can also keep checking the cune.edu/alumni website. You won’t want to miss this trip of a lifetime!
A very special thank you to Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF), for sponsoring this great adventure. We look forward to having members of the LCEF team joining us on the cruise and sharing information about the wonderful services and ministries LCEF provides to its members.
Pre-trip: Arrive in Vancouver
Day 1-8: Cruise for seven nights from Vancouver to Seward, Alaska, with port stops located along the Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Icy Straight Point, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier and Seward.
Day 8: Seward, Anchorage and Talkeetna
Day 9: Talkeetna and Denali National Park
Day 10: Denali, Talkeetna and Anchorage
Day 11: Anchorage and flights home
Trip Cost Estimate (Does not include an extra day for arrival in Vancouver, more info to come)
Inside Cabin: $2,799 per person, based on double occupancy
Oceanview Cabin: $2,869 per person, based on double occupancy
Balcony Cabin: $3,929 per person, based on double occupancy
- 7-night, 8-day cruise on board the Celebrity Millennium in chosen cabin category
- All meals while on board the ship with coffee, tea, water and lemonade
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation from Seward to Talkeetna
- One night accommodations at the Denali Park Village
- Optional excursions at Denali National Park (at an additional cost)
- Motorcoach transportation from Denali to Talkeetna, then train transportation on the Wilderness Express glass-domed railcars to Anchorage
- One night accommodations at the Anchorage Marriott
- Airport to cruise ship transfers in Vancouver, hotel to airport transfers in Anchorage
- All-inclusive beverage package onboard the cruise ship, includes specialty coffees, juices, sodas, bottled water and alcoholic beverages (a $450/person value)
- Port taxes and fees
Not included in the cost are:
- Cabin steward and dining staff gratuities - $101.50 per person
- Meals during the land tour portion of the trip
- Land package gratuities - at guest’s discretion
- Air transportation
Book Your Shore Excursions
Here is some helpful information on how to book your shore excursions. This information is provided by our travel agent.