International Requirements

Next Steps for International Students After Being Accepted to Concordia

Once you are accepted to Concordia, you will need to complete several more steps to enroll and begin attending. Your admission counselor is available to help you with all steps in this process. Please let him or her know how to help you:

Visa Status

Complete and return the Visa Status Information form.

Financial Verification

Complete and return the Financial Understanding and Agreement form.*

Bank Statements

Send in current bank statement(s) to support the financials listed in these two forms. The statements must show a positive balance equal to or greater than the remaining balance for the student’s first year of study and living in the U.S. Balance is determined by deducting all grants and scholarships received from Concordia from tuition, room and board, travel, and living costs. If student cannot produce bank statement(s) to cover the balance, admission will be revoked.

Enrollment Fee

Send your $200 enrollment fee to Concordia.

Confirmed Student Handbook

Complete the Confirmed Student Handbook forms and return to the Admission Office. Note that all international students are required to show proof of health insurance prior to enrollment.

I-20 Form

Receive I-20 form from Concordia, take the I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa for undergraduate study at a U.S. embassy or consulate office in your home country.** You will need to submit form I-901 and pay the I-901 fee at

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security student website will give you more information about what gaining F-1 student status will involve. Go to

On that website, there are direct links to forms, access to paying fees and listings of documentation needed for your embassy visit and entering the U.S. through a port of entry.

*Financial support is required by the United States government for an international student to prove they meet all admissions requirements and can come to the U.S. on an F-1 visa status to engage in academic studies.
**Citizens of Canada or Bermuda do not need to go to a U.S. Embassy for a visa interview, but those students still need to complete form I-901, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and comply with other U.S. entry procedures.