Transferring Graduate Academic Credit

Depending on the admission policy of the program, you may be allowed credit for work completed at the graduate level prior to enrolling at Concordia University. Application for the transfer of such credits must be made prior to completion of the first course. You must provide official transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university documenting the completed work and the grades obtained for this work. These grades must meet the Concordia admission standards.

  1. You will need to document the course content either through a copy of the catalog description of the course or a course syllabus.
  2. Undergraduate courses will not transfer for graduate courses and will not count towards a master's degree.
  3. In order for a course to transfer to Concordia, the number of graduate credits for the course taken at another university must be equal to or greater than the number of credits of the comparable course at Concordia, e.g., a two-credit course cannot transfer in for a three-credit course. Courses in which you received lower than a 3.0 (B) will not be considered for transfer.
  4. A maximum of 25% of the credits required in any given program may be accepted by transfer from an appropriately approved and accredited institution. Upon recommendation from the Graduate Registrar and appropriate certification officer, the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies may accept additional coursework.

Your admissions specialist or student services specialist will assist you in the process of transferring credit to Concordia University, Nebraska.