2015 Concordia University Volleyball Camps
Concordia volleyball camps and clinics are a great way for beginning players to get a taste of the sport and for experienced players to hone their skills before the school season and even get on the radar for college recruiting. Our camps focus on skill development, physical development, the mental preparation to compete, and most of all – FUN!
We also try to keep the prices down as we recognize just how much families are paying for training these days. You could pay a lot more at a bigger school and not get nearly the attention, training and fun that you will with the Bulldogs. Come experience why Concordia is the talk of the volleyball community after its 20-win season and placement of six players on the GPAC all-conference team. Our high energy style has drawn rave reviews not only for the quality of the teaching but for the fun our campers have during the week. Awesome facilities, experienced staff, great student-athlete role models and high-level training - what more could you want?
High School Team Camps (June 6 and July 10, 25)
- Saturday, June 6; Friday, July 10; and Saturday, July 25
- Cost: $225 per team
- Includes five matches, consultation with Concordia staff regarding your team and 12 camp T-shirts
- Contact head coach Scott Mattera (Scott.Mattera@cune.edu) to register or to inquire directly.
CUNE staff and players can come to your school and put on a great camp that saves your players a great deal of money and can even make money for your program. Inquire directly with head coach Scott Mattera (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Junior High General Skills Camps (July 6-8)
These camps are designed for junior high volleyball players to come in and get a taste of volleyball the Bulldog way! The sessions will focus on the fundamental skills of volleyball along with strength and speed workouts and classroom type talks. It is open to all levels as players will be separated into station groups based on experience so that everyone can be best served, from the highly skilled to those just starting off. Come out and join the fun coaching staff and super nice Bulldog players as we put you through the CUNE volleyball experience!
-Camps include 7 1/2 hours of instruction and camp t-shirt
- 5th & 6th Grade: July 6-8, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Cost: $65
- 7th, 8th & 9th Grade: July 6-8, 2 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Cost: $65
High School Elite Camp (July 16-18)
Open to players entering grades 9-12 with significant experience and skill. Please contact head coach Scott Mattera (email@example.com) if you are not sure about the level.
This camp is designed to get the high school player ready for a great season and to help identify potential college athletes. It will be fast paced and include skill work, system drills, wash games, conditioning and classroom sessions.
- July 16 (6 p.m.) - July 18 (12 p.m.)
- Cost: $120 for commuter (includes 12 hours of instruction, lunch and dinner on July 17 and camp T-shirt); $175 for residential (includes 12 hours of instruction, three meals on July 17 and breakfast on July 18, dorm rooms on July 16 and 17 and camp T-shirt)
Positions Camps (July 13-15; July 20-22)
- Cost: $65 per session for 7 1/2 hours of training and camp T-shirt OR $110 for two sessions
Position camps are open to all experience levels in grades 7-12, teaching will be adjusted for the level of play of each player/group.
- Session 1: July 13-15 | 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Hitting/Blocking
- Session 2: July 13-15 | 2 - 4:30 p.m. | Ball Control
- Session 3: July 20-22 | 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Ball Control (same as session 2)
- Session 4: July 20-22 | 2 - 4:30 p.m. | Hitting/Blocking (same as session 1)
These camps are designed for players to get position specific training in a fun but intense atmosphere. The hitting/blocking sessions will focus on net play, footwork, arm swings and serving, as well as include some position specific conditioning. The ball control sessions will focus on setting, passing, defense, pursuit, back row attacking and serving along with some position specific conditioning.
Concordia volleyball players will supervise campers attending both sessions. Campers must bring their own lunch. More details will be provided prior to camp.
*All sessions are held in the arena of the Walz Human Performance Complex.
Individual or small group lessons are available with the CUNE coaching staff. These hour-long sessions cost $60 and can be scheduled any time based on availability of staff and gym. Inquire directly with head coach Scott Mattera (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registration Deadline for each camp is June 30. After June 30 there is a $20.00 late fee.
Things to Bring to Concordia Volleyball Camps:
- Appropriate Workout Clothes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Extra spending money for snacks
- A great attitude – ready to work hard and have fun!
- Concordia University Volleyball coaches and players