Concordia Athletic Hall of Fame class of 2013 announced
SEWARD, Neb - The Concordia Athletic Hall of Fame will induct four individuals and one team as part of its 2013 Homecoming and Alumni Reunion Weekend celebration, Oct. 11-13. The award ceremony will take place at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11, in the Cattle Conference Room of the Janzow Campus Center, following a 6 p.m. banquet.
For more information on the Concordia Athletic Hall of Fame, and to register to attend the 2013 Hall of Fame banquet and ceremony, click HERE.
Meet the Concordia Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2013:
Molly Engel Christensen (‘05) – Cross Country / Track & Field
- Three-time GPAC Female Cross Country Runner of the Year.
- Three-time cross country NAIA All-American and four-time NAIA Cross Country National Championships qualifier.
- Seven-time track and field All-American.
- Holds four still-standing school track records.
- 2005 GPAC Indoor Track and Field Outstanding Athlete of the Year.
T.J. Kloster (‘02) – Track & Field
- Six-time NAIA national titlist in the pole vault (three indoor; three outdoor).
- Holds GPAC Championship meet records in the indoor pole vault (17’ 5”) and outdoor pole vault (17’ 1”).
- 2001-02 Concordia Male Co-Athlete of the Year.
- Personal best pole vault of 17’ 6 ¼” ranks second in school history behind Concordia Hall of Famer Gene Brooks.
Bob Pflieger – Faculty Athletics Representative / Booster Club Member
- Served Concordia athletics for 35 years as a faculty athletics representative and continues to support Concordia athletics as a booster club member.
- Concordia faculty staff member from 1956-59 and from 1963-99.
- Former NAIA District 14 chair.
- GPAC academic honor named after Pflieger – “Pflieger-Olson Scholar-Athlete” award.
- Graduated from Concordia University-Chicago in 1956. Also holds degrees from Stanford University and from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Kari Saving Keithley (‘05) – Basketball
- Ranks second in program history in career points (1,773), fifth in steals (250), sixth in assists (391) and 15th in rebounds (629).
- The four-time all-GPAC selection powered the Bulldogs to a record of 123-21 with four national tournament appearances, including a semifinal finish, in her four seasons.
- Other honors included: 2005 second team All-America, NAIA National All-Tournament, GPAC Defensive Player of the Year and captain of the NAIA State College Basketball team as selected by the Omaha World-Herald.
- Under head coach Berniece Jones, the Bulldogs went 35-8 overall and won the Nebraska Intercollegiate Athletic Conference title with a league mark of 8-1.
- Advanced to the Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW) Regional Volleyball playoffs, where they took third place.
- Fell one match short of reaching the national tournament, as a loss to Macalester at regionals ended Concordia’s bid for nationals.
Head coach: Berniece Jones
Assistant coach: Eunice Goldgrabe
Joan (Miller) Murray
Laura (Hoffman) Trautmann
Tammy (Buggs) O’Laughlin
Joann (Schimmel) Cutler
Keven (Nienhueser) Wrege
Janet (Adkins) Johnson
Bonnie (Stehlik) Wagner
Karen (Zobel) Hight
Sharon (Kahre) Frydendall
Susan (Hight) Rogers
Rebecca (Held) Fisher
Denise (Wehrman) Hennig
Joyce (Dirks) Bennett
Cindy (Balzum) Stoltmann
Denise (Wollenburg) Topp
NOTE: A more detailed release on the 2013 class will be distributed the week of homecoming.
15 August 2013
Molly Engel Christensen - 2005 senior photo
T.J. Kloster - 2002 Concordia senior photo
Kari Saving Keithley - 2005 Concordia senior photo
1981 Bulldog volleyball