Concordia University Nebraska (Seward, Neb.) will host the 62nd annual Concordia Invitational Tournament (CIT) Jan. 25-26. The tournament will feature, in addition to the host school, the Concordias of Ann Arbor, Mich., Mequon, Wis., and River Forest, Ill., competing in both men's and women's basketball. CIT is one of the longest running tournaments in the country, and it is a highlight of the athletic year among the participating Concordias.
Last time around
The women's team for Concordia University, Nebraska won the 2012 championship, avenging a 2011 CIT loss to the Lady Cardinals of Ann Arbor. The Bulldogs made it to the finals by defeating the CUW Falcons 98-58 in the first-round. The Concordia Nebraska men's team was also crowned CIT champs. They clawed their way past CUW in the finals by a score of 69-67 after defeating CUAA by 78-74 in the first round. [Read more CIT history]
Friday, Jan. 25
- 1 p.m. - Women: Ann Arbor 74, Wisconsin 52
- 3 p.m. - Men: Wisconsin 88, Ann Arbor 79
- 6 p.m. - Women: Nebraska 90, Chicago 49
- 8 p.m. - Men: Nebraska 75, Chicago 71
Saturday, Jan. 26
- Noon - Women's consolation game: Wisconsin 72, Chicago 51
- 2 p.m. - Men's consolation game: Ann Arbor 88, Chicago 71
- 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. - All-Concordia Alumni Reception in the Walz fieldhouse.
- 5 p.m. - Women's championship game: Ann Arbor 73, Nebraska 69
- 7 p.m. - Men's championship game: Wisconsin 64, Nebraska 62
Sunday, Jan. 27
- Worship opportunities at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. at St. John Lutheran, 877 North Columbia Ave.
- Worship opportunities at 9 and 10:30 am at The ROCK Lutheran, 1300 West Hillcrest Dr.
Tournament site: All games will be played at the Walz Arena (view Google map).
Tickets: An all-weekend tournament pass is $20; one-day pass is $12; one-session pass is $7; children 6 and under are free
Housing: Visit Concordia Nebraska's area accommodations page for more information.
Please refer to the chart on the right to determine designated seating.
Handicapped seating: Handicapped seating is available on the north and south concourses (above the bleachers), just behind the railing. Please ask Concordia Nebraska staff for assistance as needed. Folding chairs are available for those attending the game with you.
First row of seats: During CIT fans are not allowed to sit in the first row of seats nearest the court.
Floor level (standing): Other than limited handicapped seating, no fans are allowed on the floor level of the arena or in the lower-level entryways to the court floor. Please help keep these areas clear for webcast, photography and other support staff.
Cheerleaders: Cheerleaders will use the area in front of their team's student section.
Photography: Only credentialed photographers are allowed to shoot from the floor level of the arena. Photographers shooting at floor level must display their photo media pass at all times. Please contact Concordia Nebraska's sports information office for more information about obtaining a pass.
The tournament is scheduled for Concordia Wisconsin in 2014, Concordia Ann-Arbor in 2015, Concordia Chicago in 2016, and Concordia Nebraska in 2017.