Concordia Invitational Tournament 2014
Concordia University Wisconsin (Mequon, Wis.) will host the 63rd annual Concordia Invitational Tournament (CIT) Jan. 24-25. The tournament features, in addition to the Bulldogs, the Concordias of Ann Arbor, Mich., Mequon, Wis., and River Forest, Ill., competing in both men's and women's basketball. CIT is one of the longest running tournaments in the country, and it is a highlight of the athletic year among the participating Concordias.
Last time around
The women's team for Concordia University Ann Arbor won the 2013 championship, defeating Concordia Nebraska 73-69. The Bulldogs made it to the finals after thrashing the CUC Cougars 90-49 in the first round.
The Concordia Nebraska men's team defeated Concordia Chicago 75-71 to punch its ticket to the second round of the 2013 CIT. The Falcons of Concordia Wisconsin took home the trophy, however, defeating the Bulldogs 64-62.
Read more about the history of the Concordia Invitational Tournament (CIT).
Tournament host site for 2014: Mequon, Wis.
All games for the 63rd annual Concordia Invitational Tournament will be played at R. John Buuck Field House on the campus of Concordia University Wisconsin (12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, Wis.).
Friday, Jan. 24
- 1 p.m. - Chicago v. Ann Arbor (women)
- 3 p.m. - Nebraska v. Ann Arbor (men)
- 6 p.m. - Nebraska v. Wisconsin (women)
- 8 p.m. - Chicago v. Wisconsin (men)
Saturday, Jan. 25
- Noon - Women's consolation game
- 2 p.m. - Men's consolation game
- 4-5 p.m. - All-Concordia alumni reception, south end of Buuck Field House
- 5 p.m. - Women's championship game
- 7 p.m. - Men's championship game
- Trophy presentation and all-Concordia devotions following last game
- Concordia Nebraska alumni: Join Pres. Friedrich and the Alumni Council for post-CIT appetizers (and cash bar) at The Chancery, 11046 North Port Washington Road, Mequon, Wis.
Sunday, Jan. 26
- 10:30 a.m. - President Brian L. Friedrich will be the guest preacher at Divine Redeemer Lutheran Church (31385 West Hill Road), Hartland, Wis., at the contemporary service in the school gym. All alumni and friends are invited to attend.
Ticket information will be shared here as it becomes available.
Visit Concordia Wisconsin's area accommodations page for more information.
The tournament is scheduled for Concordia Ann-Arbor in 2015, Concordia Chicago in 2016, and Concordia Nebraska in 2017.