Theatre and Speech Workshops
Join members of the Concordia speech team and theatre program, including members of the IMPROVables, for one full day of free workshops on topics like improvisation, limited preparation event pointers, public address presentations, physical and vocal characterizations and more.
Participants are invited to bring pieces they are working on for time to practice and critique. You'll be given the opportunity to perform in the afternoon.
If you want to arrive the day before, spend the night in our dorms with students on Friday night. Enjoy lunch with everyone on Saturday. Take the opportunity to tour campus as well, and explore what else Concordia has to offer.
Other notes about the workshops:
- Camp registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 5.
- Students will learn from current college students and professors, exploring the differences between high school and college speech and theatre
- Students will have the chance to audition for speech and theatre scholarships while on campus
- Lunch on Saturday is provided; other meals may be purchased in the Janzow Dining Hall
- For those who want to arrive the night before, housing in the residence halls for students is free
For more information, please contact Prof. Bryan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: High school directors and speech coaches are encouraged to bring their teams. Here is the registration link for directors and coaches.