Theatre scholarships at Concordia
Theatre activity scholarships are renewed as long as a student is active in the program. There are two ways to apply for a theatre scholarship:
The first, quicker option would be to complete the online theatre interest form; please mark your interest in applying for a scholarship and answer the related questions. You will then just need to provide a live or recorded audition or supporting technical materials (see #4 below), which you would submit by mail or email, or in person—contact info below.
The second way to apply would be to follow the steps below:
- List your theatre activities in high school, community and/or church.
- Write a statement of your intention to be involved in the theatre program as an activity.
- Have a letter of recommendation from your drama teacher or director sent to the address listed below.
- Supporting video or other materials (required for either application option):
For actors seeking a scholarship: You may audition in person during a campus visit, or complete a short video or CD of
- a one-minute monologue or
- a three- to five-minute scene with a partner.
For those seeking a technical theatre production scholarship: Technical theatre production applicants do not have to send an audition tape, but they should send documentation of their work in technical theatre. Send photographs of designs, costumes, properties, or information about activities in stage or house management.
- Early consideration will be made for applicants who submit their form/materials prior to December 15 of their final year before entering CUNE. All scholarship applications received before February 15 of the year in which the student intends to enter CUNE will be considered based on availability.
- Theatre scholarship materials should be sent to:
Prof. Bryan Moore
800 N. Columbia Ave.
Seward, NE 68434
OR emailed to: