Concordia University, Nebraska Juried High School Art Show
Concordia will host its Juried High School Art Show in the spring of 2013. Students will compete for the best of show award, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and purchase prize awards. The four selected works for purchase prizes will become part of Concordia’s permanent art collection displayed on campus. Participating in this event is also a great way for students to build their resumes for college applications and portfolio reviews.
- Best of Show - $150
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $75
- 3rd Place - $50
- Purchase Prize (4) - $50; chosen pieces will become part of a permanent collection at Concordia and will be displayed in the Thom Leadership Education Center on campus.
General show requirements
- High school students grades 9–12
- Up to three submissions per applicant
- Accepted Media: drawing, painting, prints, digital, photography, mixed media, sculpture, collage, illustration (no video or sound pieces)
- 2-D work must have a backing or be matted
Purchase prize requirements
Work submitted for the purchase prizes must meet the following requirements: 2-D, flat works ONLY that when matted fit within a 24" x 30" frame.
- Friday, February 1, 2013: Applications and submissions are due.
- Friday, February 15, 2013: Applicants will be emailed the results.
- Saturday, March 9, 2013: Postmark deadline for art work.
- Friday, March 22, 2013: Concordia University, Nebraska Juried High School Art Show Opening Show and Awards Ceremony
- Friday, March 22, 2013: Art work must be picked up between 4:30-5:30 p.m. or ready to return in the same (or provided) package it arrived in with pre-paid return postage.
Stay for Saturday as well
Friday, March 22, is also a Concordia Visit Day and an Experience ART Day. Attend the Visit Day, Experience ART Day, and High School Art Show all in one trip! You will get to tour campus, set in on a college class, eat in Janzow cafeteria, stay over night in the dorms with a Concordia art student, go to a student panel, meet the art faculty and have your portfolio reviewed for tips and art scholarship consideration.
Friday evening prospective parents may dine with art faculty and staff as our guests.