Information on Admission and Financial Aid for Foreign Students: Transfer Students
Students transferring from other colleges and universities follow the same application process for undergraduate and graduate levels of studies. In addition the following procedures apply to the transfer process:
The transferring student must:
- inform the school that he or she is currently authorized to attend of his or her intention to transfer;
- obtain Form I-20 A-B/ID from Concordia in accordance with the eligibility provisions and application process of the university;
- enroll in Concordia University in the first term after leaving the previous school or the first term after vacation; and complete item 11 of the I-20 A-B/ID and submit the forms to the Concordia director of international education immediately upon arrival at Concordia.
Concordia's DSO will:
- write "Transfer Completed on (date)" on the student's new I-20 ID in the space provided for the DSO's remarks and add the student's admission number;
- return the new and old I-20 ID forms to the student;
- submit the I-20 A-B to the INS Data Processing Center within 30 days of receipt of the student; and mail a photocopy of the I-20 A-B to the school from which the student transferred.