Dean Flaten ’07
Looking back on my education at Concordia, I can say that it’s the professors that make Concordia successful, especially in the science department. Not only do they care that you learn the material, they care about how you are doing all-around: physically and spiritually.
Dean is currently a student at University of Minnesota Medical School.
Briana Beckworth ’09
I assumed that the first semester of nursing school would contain reviews of things that we have learned before, but I was so wrong! We were expected to have a solid knowledge base coming in the program, and after talking to a few of my peers who went to other schools, I felt like I was much better prepared for what we were doing.
Briana is currently a nursing student
More Natural Science Alumni
By the numbers
- 90% of our graduates in the past have remained in the natural sciences gaining employment or positions in health careers programs, graduate school, science education, and the science industry. Three percent have gone into full-time mission work or the seminary.
- Concordia has sent 14 students to physical therapy school, 18 to graduate school in science-related fields, 25 into middle-level and secondary science education, and a total of 56 into professional health programs.
Recent graduate programs entered
- 2010 U of Nebraska Omaha – Athletic Training*
- 2010 U of Minnesota — Ecology*
- 2010 U of Nebraska Medical Center – Virology*
- 2010 Nebraska Wesleyan University – Forensic Science
- 2010 U of Nebraska Lincoln - Natural Resources*
- 2009 U of Nebraska Lincoln-Entomology*
- 2009 Akron University – Geographical Information Systems*
- 2009 U of Michigan – Analytical Chemistry*
- 2009 U of Texas Austin – Nuclear Chemistry*
- 2009 Georgia Tech – Architecture
- 2008 U of Nebraska Omaha – Ecology*
- 2008 Michigan State University – Molecular Biology*
- 2006 U of Virgin Islands-Marine Biology*
- 2006 Kansas State University – Ecology*
- 2006 U of Nebraska Lincoln – Ornithology*
- 2006 U of Nebraska Lincoln – Food Science*
- 2006 Biose State University – Geophysics*
- 2006 U of Pittsburg – Analytical Chemistry*
*Student received full tuition waver and a graduate assistantship