Peg (Schultz) Baylor
I currently work for a firm that discovers, produces and sells natural gas and oil. I'm a business analyst for the gas marketing and contract management departments. I work with these departments to ensure they have the appropriate software to capture their data and meet their business needs. I also work with the software vendors to fix or enhance their products to meet my client's needs. I'm currently involved in about a 4-month project to upgrade and enhance two of the applications that I support. I love what I do and enjoy working with both the users and the vendors.
Peg works for XTO Energy Inc.
God blessed me with a position as marketing/sales manager for Electronic Design Technology. EDT is a manufacturer of intelligent lighting control systems. We have so many huge opportunities on the table that I get to be a part of and it's really the kind of job that gets me out of bed in the morning. Ever since starting at EDT, I’ve had a blast working with a diverse team of God-centered, success-driven individuals. Basically, I work with a group of brilliant engineers who continue to develop these great, innovative products and then leave me the responsibility of making them fly of the shelf.
Sean works in marketing and sales for Electronic Design Technology
I work for a company that provides animals with more genetic potential for lean tissue accretion, propensity for fat deposition, metabolic efficiency, higher activity level, and a need to support reproductive functions of fetal development and lactation. I’m working in St. Louis for an agriculture company called Novus International as a customer service coordinator. I love my job ... everyday is different.
Christina works in customer service for Novus International
By the numbers
Within the past three years, 93% of business department graduates we've contacted who are actively looking for employment found a full-time position in a field related to their academic program within 6 months of graduation.
Recent graduate programs entered
- University of Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- University of Southampton, London, England
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- Concordia Seminary, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
Recent positions and firms
- Manager, Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- Management Trainee, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Customer Service Representative, First National Bank
- Inside Sales, Polar Supply Company
- Intern, Lincoln Saltdogs Baseball
- Accountant, Seigneur Gustafson
- Sales Manager - Central Region & Canada, Solbar Industries, Limited
- Membership & Premium Accounting Representative, Willis Group
- Product Engineer, ESRI
- Accounts Receivable/ Invoice Specialist, Concordia Plan Services
- Financial Advisor, Legacy Investment Partners, LLC
- Nuclear Power Program, U.S. Navy
- Teacher, Lourus
- Service Technician, Nebraska Equipment, Inc.
- Teller, Union Bank and Trust
- Analyst, Tierrasanta Gold, Inc.
- Director of the Triple Crown Summer Baseball Championships, Director of the Triple Crown College Summer League, Triple Crown Sports
- Financial Services Representative, Ameritas
- Asia Communication Specialist, LCMS World Missions
- Associate Project Manager, Data Recognition Corp.
- Administrative Assistant, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
- Senior Account Representative, First Data
- Account Representative, Sandhills Publishing
- Programmer/Developer, Five Nines Development Group
- Bank Software Support, Fiserv Information Technology, Inc
- Management, Mizuno USA
- Staff Accountant, Grafton & Associates, P.C.
- Staff Accountant, Strain Slattery Barkley & Co.
- Marketing Staff, RAI Ministries
- Online Sales - Web Design - Marketing, Cardinal Pump
- Hedge Broker, AgWest Commodities, LLC
- Branch Office Assistant, Edward D. Jones
- Logistics Service Representative, Union Pacific Railroad
- Production Accountant, Meyer Natural Foods
- Management Trainee, John Deere/Plains Equipment Group
- Management Trainee, Von Maur
- New Business Unit Specialist, Applied Underwriters, Inc., a unit of Berkshire Hathaway
What can I do with my major?
Plenty! Majoring in business prepares you to work in a variety of settings including business, government, and nonprofit. Most students who graduate with a business degree go to work immediately after graduation in jobs such as:
- Entry-level manager
- Human resources specialist
- Assistant product manager
- Market researcher
- Public relations representative
- Systems analyst
- Securities salesperson
- Financial analyst