As a registered nurse with an associate’s degree or a diploma, you probably know continuing professional nursing competence by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing is vital in today's practice to deliver safe, quality health care to all members of society.
Pursuing a BSN degree while you work is challenging. Concordia University, Nebraska is offering its Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) online program that aims to give busy registered nurses like you a rigorous nursing education in the most convenient and accessible way possible.
The online RN to BSN program at Concordia University, Nebraska is developed to empower you to serve and heal others through nursing expertise and skills that are evidence-based, academically sound and rooted in Lutheran Christian beliefs and practices. You will learn to think critically, serve with compassion and lead with conviction.
The innovative curriculum of Concordia’s RN to BSN exceeds the demands of today’s nursing practice including changes with the health care industry, evolving technology, rising costs, the increasingly complex nature of health care and an aging population.
The core curriculum of the RN to BSN program emphasizes key subject areas in nursing, such as evidence-based research, community health, vulnerable populations, management/leadership and innovative capstone projects. With Concordia’s RN to BSN program, students will continue to grow in mind, body and spirit. Students have the opportunity to take electives ranging from forensic nursing and parish nursing to nursing informatics.
- Forensic Nursing
- Parish Nursing
- Theories and Applications in Nursing Informatics
RN to BSN Program Grounded in Faith
There are a number of online RN to BSN programs available for nurses seeking to further their education, but few offer a curriculum that is distinguished by its foundation in Christian faith. Concordia prepares nursing students for service and leadership in all settings and promotes values of lifelong learning, ethical practice and spiritual development.
Nursing (BSN) - 30 Hours
Required Supporting Courses:
- BIO 400 Pathophysiology (3)
- MATH 122 Introduction to Statistics (3)
Nursing Core Requirements:
- NUR 410 Professional Roles, Issues and Nursing Theories (3)
- NUR 415 Introduction to Nursing Research and Evidenced-Based Practice (3)
- NUR 430 Issues of Aging and Longevity (3)
- NUR 484 Health Assessment and Promotion for Community Nursing: Theory and Practice (5)
- NUR 485 Diverse and Vulnerable Population-Based Health (3)
- NUR 486 Nursing Management and Servant Leadership (3)
- NUR 499 Practicum (4)
Nursing Electives (6 hours: Select two classes from the following list)
- NUR 420 Forensic Nursing (3)
- NUR 426 Parish Nursing (3)
- NUR 427 Theories and Applications in Nursing Informatics (3)