Concordia University, Nebraska welcomed 12 Presidential Scholars for its 120th academic year. First row: Mason Koeritz, Laurel Krohn, Angela Steinbacher, Clara Rich, Carolina Von Kampen, Christian Egger. Second row: Ryan Gross, Jessamyn Sweet, Makenzie Polacek, Jordan Schut, Laurie and Brian Friedrich. Not pictured: Alicia Royuk and Chandler Folkerts.
Concordia names 12 Presidential Scholars
Concordia University, Nebraska has announced this year’s Presidential Scholars, recipients of its top financial award. The scholarship recognizes incoming students with outstanding academic performance, high test results and well-rounded extracurricular activities.
“We are thrilled to welcome twelve Presidential Scholars to Concordia University, Nebraska as we begin our 120th academic year. I am impressed by what the students have accomplished during their high school years and I am even more impressed with who these students are,” said Rev. Dr. Brian Friedrich, president of Concordia University, Nebraska.
The scholarship is valued at $60,000 over the course of four years. Students must maintain good standing on campus and a GPA of 3.5 for the scholarship to be renewed.
“These students will enrich our campus in many ways and I am excited to watch them grow in our vibrant, academic excellent community where they will be nurtured by talented, invested faculty. Most of all I look forward to watching them grow in their faith in Jesus Christ as they mirror His light to the world around them.”
This year’s recipients:
- Christian Egger, Galva-Holstein High School, Galva, Iowa
- Chandler Folkerts, Milford High School, Milford, Neb.
- Ryan Gross, Riverside Polytechnic High School, Riverside, Calif.
- Mason Koeritz, Martin Luther High School, Northrop, Minn.
- Laurel Krohn, Osmond Community School, Osmond, Neb.
- Makenzie Polacek, Howells High School, Howells, Neb.
- Clara Rich, Lincoln Lutheran High School, Lincoln, Neb.
- Alicia Royuk, Saint Paul Lutheran High School (Concordia, Mo.), Seward, Neb.
- Jordan Schut, Scribner Snyder High School, Scribner, Neb.
- Angela Steinbacher, Agape Lutheran School, St. Charles, Mo.
- Jessamyn Sweet, Vanguard School, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Carolina VonKampen, Xavier High School, Cedar Rapids, Iowa