Photos of Center for Liturgical Art’s work on display in St. Louis
A photographic exhibit of artwork from around the country created by the Center for Liturgical Art at Concordia University, Nebraska is now on display in the Wolfram Gallery at the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod International Center in St. Louis. Photos of more than thirty works can be seen until mid-June.
Stained glass windows, mosaics, altars, crosses and entire worship spaces shown in the exhibit exemplify a range of pieces made between the CLA’s inception in 2004 to the present. Every piece of art made by the CLA is hand-crafted and made in collaboration with church pastors and congregation members. The aim is always to create high quality artwork filled with meaning and strong theology.
The exhibit is free and open to the public from 7 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Visitors are encouraged to call ahead for an appointment at 800-248-1930. The LCMS International Center is located at 1333 S. Kirkwood Rd, St. Louis, Missouri.
The CLA seeks to encourage and assist the LCMS in its ministry by promoting the use of visual arts in worship and providing educational outreach programs, artistic designs, and production of resources.