Concordia University, Nebraska, will present “The Women of Lockerbie,” Feb. 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 26 at 2 p.m. The performance, a primarily student-directed and designed show, will be held in the Studio Theater of the Music Center on Concordia’s campus.
The play takes place following the explosion of Pan Am Flight 103 on Dec. 21, 1988. The explosion scattered pieces of the plane over Lockerbie, Scotland, as well as the remains of 243 passengers and 16 crew members. There were 21 houses in Lockerbie that were destroyed and 11 people there also lost their lives. A woman whose son died in the bombing discovers a group of women who are trying to collect the victims’ clothing, accounting to over 11,000 items, before facing resistance from a U.S. official.
“I am so excited to see everything come together and for an audience to come to this amazing experience we have prepared,” said Concordia student, Kaleb Busche, director of the show. “Since this show is based on a real event, we have worked hard to depict it in a way that gives justice to those who actually experienced it.”
Tickets are $3 for Concordia students and $8 for the general public and are available for purchase at the Concordia University, Nebraska, bookstore or at the door.
Students on the cast and crew (alphabetical by state, city, last name):
- Breann Huber, freshman, Arvada, Colo.
- David Krueger, freshman, Aurora, Colo.
- Allison Caudle, senior, Greeley, Colo.
- Bethany Schilling, freshman, Littleton, Colo.
- Emily Writebol, sophomore, Parker, Colo.
- Joshua Corley, freshman, Marietta, Ga.
- Lauren Sperry, junior, Oneida, Ill.
- Anne Jesgarz, sophomore, Shelbyville, Ill.
- Kaleb Busche, post-baccalaureate, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Monica Lennington, sophomore, Atchison, Kan.
- Jayme Lowe, sophomore, Atchison, Kan.
- Jenna O’Laughlin, junior, Winona, Minn.
- Emma Wendorff, junior, Winthrop, Minn.
- Emily Kollbaum, senior, Concordia, Mo.
- Meghan Woodruff, junior, High Ridge, Mo.
- Erin Rowland, sophomore, Saint Peters, Mo.
- Andrew Crist, senior, Springfield, Mo.
- Alexandra Clear, junior, Alliance, Neb.
- Michael Duffy, junior, Kenesaw, Neb.
- Dylan White, junior, Lexington, Neb.
- Jonathon Kisker, freshman, Lincoln, Neb.
- Ian Hendrickson, junior, Seward, Neb.
- Melonie Kotschwar, senior, Seward, Neb.
- Caleb Worral, junior, Fargo, N.D.
- Joseph Greenmyer, freshman, Stirum, N.D.
- Christopher Genszler, junior, Oregon, Ohio
- Abigail Wisniewski, sophomore, Withee, Wis.
- Christopher "Lewis" Kasparek, freshman, The Woodlands, Texas