Theater department enacts 1940s-themed mystery show
The Golden Age of Radio returned as the Concordia theater department presented “Radio Suspense,” a dessert theater production, Feb. 28 and March 1-2.
“This ‘radio-play-within-a-play’ is a tribute to the 1940s shows that families would listen to during the Golden Age of Radio,” Associate Professor of Communication and Theater Bryan Moore said.
The show follows performers in a radio studio preparing to present their weekly program, which includes two mysteries, songs, advertisements and live music and sound effects. The set mimics a 1940s radio studio, with live props and sound effects. Each character represents multiple personalities in the play.
Cast members include:
- Ned Styles: Sean Carpenter, junior, Hollis, N.H.
- Sunny Carlson: Sydney Heimann, sophomore, Galesburg, Ill.
- Rainy Jones: Stephanie Wilde, junior, Parkers Prairie, Minn.
- Lauren McNair: Julie Marquardt, senior, Janesville, Minn.
- Allen Burns: Titus Kromminga, freshman, Seward, Neb.
- Morty Sparks: Andrew Magnus, junior, Springfield, Mo.
- Lois Lange: Michaela Gierke, junior, Billerica, Mass.
- Richard Dunlap: Mason Koeritz, sophomore, Northrop, Minn.
- Jessica Cornell: Rosemary Selking, junior, Chariton, Iowa
- Billy Hardy: Paul Nelson, freshman, Norfolk, Neb.
- Douglas Beverly: Mark Gaschler, senior, Imperial, Neb.
- Katherine Conway: Jenna Karlin, senior, Lincoln, Neb.
- Gracie Wilson: Stephanie Schroeder, senior, Deshler, Neb.
- Sandy Sawyer: Alicia Royuk, sophomore, Seward, Neb.
- Dorothy Doyle: Elyssia Finch, sophomore, Omaha, Neb.
Crew members include:
- Director: Bryan Moore, associate professor of communication and theater, Seward, Neb.
- Assistant Director: Kelsey Livingston, senior, Littleton, Colo.
- Stage Manager: Delaney Sommers, junior, Grain Valley, Mo.
- Allison Caudle, freshman, Greeley, Colo.
- Libby Klein, freshman, Northfield, Minn.
- Beth Williams, junior, Aurora, Colo.