Concordia University, Nebraska will hold its Spring Honor Recital at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 4, 2017, in the Recital Hall of the Music Center on campus.
Students audition for an opportunity to perform in the biannual event showcasing top music students as selected by Concordia’s music faculty. This spring 10 student musicians were selected to perform.
“Honor recitals are inspiring events, as I get to enjoy the excellence of my fellow students, as well as share my music with a broad audience,” said Concordia senior, Laura Hedstrom. “Concordia’s music department has been a tremendous part of my personal and professional growth throughout my years here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to perform at this spring’s honor recital and give back to the Concordia music community that has impacted me so deeply.”
Students performing in the recital include (alphabetical by state, city, last name):
- Miriam Lipke, freshman, Alamosa, Colo., piano, Anton Dvořak: Silhouette, Op. 8 No. 12, Allegro Feroce
- Jacob Henson, senior, Herrin, Ill., guitar, Francisco Tarrega: Capricho Arabe
- Jacob Roggow, sophomore, Morrow, Ill., piano, Sergei Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C-sharp minor, Op. 3 No.
- Jennifer Reynolds, senior, Fort Wayne, Ind., trumpet, Arr. by Donald Hunsberger: Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms
- Sarah Mueller, sophomore, Hemlock, Mich., soprano & Lauren Staehr, mezzo-soprano, Léo Delibes: “Sous le dȏme épai’s” [from Lakmé]
- Laura Hedstrom, senior, Lakefield, Minn., organ, Frank Ferko: Mass for Dedication
- Mason Koeritz, senior, Northrop, Minn., piano, Claude Debussy: Ballade
- Allison Mackie, junior, Columbus, Neb. organ, J.S. Bach: Prelude & Fugue in E minor, BWV 533
- Lauren Staehr, senior, Grand Island, Neb., mezzo-soprano, Anton Dvořak: “Ciganske Melodie” #3
- Grace Woelmer, senior, Allen, Tex., piano, Ernst von Dohnányi: Rhapsody No. 3 in C Major