Concordia University, Nebraska, will hold its Fall Honor Recital Nov. 9, 2016, at 7 p.m. in the Recital Hall of the Music Center on campus.
Students audition for an opportunity to perform in the biannual event showcasing top music students as selected by Concordia’s music faculty. This year 10 student musicians were selected to perform.
Students performing in the recital include (alphabetical by state, city, last name):
- Jacob Henson, senior, Herrin, Ilinois, playing “Asturias (Layenda)” by Issac Albéniz on the guitar.
- Laura Hedstrom, senior, Lakefield, Minnesota, playing “Prelude and Fugue in E minor, “The Wedge”, BMW 48” by J.S. Bach on the organ.
- Vanessa Marsh, sophomore, Concordia, Missouri, singing “Awake the Sleeping Sun” by Richard Hundley.
- Emma Gottschamer, junior, Lees Summit, Missouri, playing “Nocturne, Op. 72, No. 1” by Frederic Chopin on the piano.
- Karl Rovey, senior, Springfield, Missouri, playing “Symphony No. 2 Pastorale” by Charles-Marie Widor on the organ.
- Allison Mackie, junior, Columbus, Nebraska, playing “Nun Danket alle Gott (Marche Triomphale)” by Sigfied Karg-Elert on the organ.
- Paige Stadler, sophomore, Columbus, Nebraska, singing “I Shall Not Live in Vain” by Jake Heggie.
- Ryan Gross, senior, Seward, Nebraska, playing “Oliver’s Birthday” by Bruce Broughton on the trumpet.
- Naomi Ristvedt, senior, Utica, Nebraska, singing “Goodnight Moon” by Eric Whitacre.
Vocal Quartet, singing “Ubi Caritas” by Ola Gjeilo
- Vanessa Marsh, sophomore, Concordia, Missouri, soprano
- Clara Rich, senior, Lincoln, Nebraska, alto
- Micah Most, sophomore, Ogallala, Nebraska, baritone
- Benjamin Hayter, senior, Seward, Nebraska, tenor