Public School Teaching
Your professional semester or year is a demanding one and Concordia's College of Education will help you make the most of it. It's also the time in your college career to make plans for your next adventure, employment after graduation. Work through this list to help get ready:
- Complete a public school teacher application for placement (use your "Tab" key to move from section to section).
- Finalize your resume and have it critiqued by Career Services staff. (Resume example.)
- Confirm and obtain any needed letters of reference / recommendation.
- Complete your career portfolio and/or credential file.
- Work on your interviewing skills
- Research the school districts in which you are interested and find out how they post new positions.
- Apply to those places you have carefully researched.
Teaching in LCMS schools
Teacher education students from Concordia seek their initial certification from the State of Nebraska