Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Head Coach is accountable for the administration, financial management and development of the Men’s and Women’s Tennis program and responsible for the coaching of the teams at Concordia University. The Head Coach will manage the resources provided by the university which support the essential components of the program and is actively involved in fundraising for program enhancements.
Classification: 10 month, part time position
Reports To: Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, health or related field or equivalent, preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience directly related to the essential functions.
- 2-3 years of experience as an assistant coach/head coach in Higher Ed or high school coach preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of tennis programs.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NAIA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Proficient in the sport of tennis.
- Proficient in use of software applications including Microsoft applications, databases, spreadsheets and word processing required. Ability to learn and utilize other software applications as necessary. Experience with SCT Banner software preferred.
- Ability to lead and guide NAIA student-athletes in area of specialty.
- Skill in budget preparation and management.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to drive a 12 passenger van.
- Ability to travel, rent vehicles, drive in large cities and fly in commercial aircrafts.
- Member of an LCMS congregation preferred.
- Responsible for the administrative, financial and coaching requirements of the tennis program including working with outside sources to complete the program’s annual competitive schedule, developing the program’s annual facility requirements and making travel arrangements for the teams.
- Responsible for all aspects of coaching the teams including creating an environment which is consistent with the values of the university and fostering the development of the student-athletes in the program.
- Responsible for recruiting student-athletes who contribute to the realization of the program’s objectives academically, athletically and spiritually.
- Accountable for the program’s annual operating budget as approved by the Athletic Director and Cabinet, including preparing the annual budget, establishing fundraising initiatives and objectives as approved by Advancement, regularly monitoring the approved budget, overseeing athletic scholarship distribution for the program and managing summer camps to fiscally support the program.
- In consultation with the Marketing department, the head coach is responsible for promoting the program by responding to requests for information and interviews, ensuring all promotional materials meet the graphic standards of the university and assisting the Sports Information Director in providing information for the website and other promotional materials.
- Serves as external liaison by interacting and communicating with external groups, developing alumni support, promoting the program by participating in university events and representing the university and program at conferences and national meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Staff application forms are available in print format at www.cune.edu/jobs, in the Human Resource Office, Weller 102, 800 N. Columbia Ave., Seward, NE 68434, or by e-mail at HumanResources@cune.edu.
This position's compensation includes a tuition waiver benefit.
Position applications to be reviewed upon receipt, until position has been filled.
Position start date: As soon as possible.