Campus security and safetyReaching us
Campus security can be reached at 402-643-3033 (dial 9 first if calling from a campus phone).
Your help is needed
Concordia University, Nebraska is blessed to share a strong sense of community among the faculty, staff and students. It is is important that this sense of community extend to matters of campus security and safety as well.
For the safety and security of all in the Concordia community ...
- Never prop open a security door. Remove any props you see.
- Lock your room door, your vehicle and your bike.
- Always carry your keys and ID card. Never loan them out.
- Let Operation ID work for you! See SLO for information.
- Be wise— not victimized by theft: Never leave your personal property unattended in public areas.
- Mark your ID in books and personal items. Do not keep cash in your room.
- Walk with a friend, especially at night.
- Report crimes or suspicious behavior to campus security, police and residence hall staff.
Resident hall lockouts
Students who lock themselves out of their room between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the week can pick up a room key in the student life office. You are expected to return the key within 24 hours. If you are locked out between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. during the week and anytime on the weekends, call a Concordia security officer at 402-643-3033. The security officer will respond as available. Be prepared to identify yourself with your I.D.
In case the university's primary website (www.cune.edu) is unavailable, Concordia will use its page on Facebook to share news and information that is appropriate for the Web. Concordia's Facebook page can be reached without being a fan, as Facebook puts it, or even having a Facebook account.
Facebook link: Concordia University, Nebraska on Facebook
See also: Concordia's system for making emergency announcements by text message, phone message or email message is called CUNE Alert. It is available to students, faculty and staff. For more information about CUNE Alert, including how to sign up, please visit the CUNE Alert page on Concordia's site.