Graduate Student Resource Room
Graduate student resources
Check out the links below for some great resources in writing, grammar & punctuation, APA format, and tips on avoiding plagiarism!
- Graduate Resource Room (This takes you to some graduate resources within the Concordia Link Library)
- Concordia University's Library Research Help Link
Graduate-level writing & research
- Writing at the Graduate Level This is an excellent compilation of resources from Montclair State University. It explains the differences between undergraduate and graduate-level writing, how to work with primary and secondary sources, and other helpful tips.
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL) This is a great resource on all things related to writing and research!
- Purdue OWL Writing Workshop for Graduate Students
- Writers Workshop Produced by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, this site offers resources and guidance in grammar, citation, ESL writing, and general writing tips.
- Using Research in Your Papers and Scholarly Discussions More helpful information from Purdue's Online Writing Lab
- Research and Citation (by OWL @ Purdue)
- General Writing Resources (by OWL @ Purdue)
- Writing Help for ESL Students (by OWL @ Purdue)
APA Style & citation
- APA Style Workshop (by OWL @ Purdue)
- APA Formatting & Style Guide (by OWL @ Purdue)
- APA Style Good general resource from the American Psychological Association, plus quick answers on referencing and formatting
- Research & Citation (more good info from OWL @ Purdue!)
Grammar & Mechanics
- Purdue OWL Help with Grammar This excellent resource will help with using correct grammar in your writing.
- Purdue OWL Help with Writing Mechanics Covers such topics as sentence clarity, parts of speech, sentence structure and style, transitions, verbs, capitalization and more.
- The Elements of Style By the authors Strunk & White, this style guide offers advice on composition, usage and principles of grammar.
- Grammar Monster Offers examples of common grammatical mistakes and how to avoid them.