Welcome to the Academic Resource Center (ARC)!
The Academic Resource Center (ARC), provides on-campus academic assistance for Concordia students. All students are invited to visit us for one-on-one help with study skills, time management, test-taking skills, and organization. The ARC is located on the south end of the Link Library.
Tutoring and Writing Center
The ARC also houses the Tutoring and Writing Center. It's located in the Link Library, Room 146. Students can find both subject-area tutors and writing tutors to assist them with their academic concerns. The Center is staffed by upper-level peer tutors, 7-10pm Sunday - Thursday. Writing help is also available by appointment.
Tutoring visits are face-to-face. Students are asked to bring all relevant assignment materials, including hard copies of papers they would like to discuss, to their sessions.
Writing tutors can help you:
- Get started
- Organize your thoughts
- Develop a thesis
- Develop an outline
- Provide constructive feedback on improving your paper
- Become a better, more effective writer
They can offer guidance for all types of papers, such as:
- Research papers
- Creative Writing
Check out the links below for some great help in writing, grammar and punctuation, different research styles and formats, and tips on avoiding plagiarism!!
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- General Writing Resources (Presented by OWL @ Purdue)
- Writing Help for ESL Students (by OWL @ Purdue)
- MLA Formatting & Style Guide (by OWL @ Purdue)
- APA Style Workshop (by OWL @ Purdue)
- APA Formatting & Style Guide (by OWL @ Purdue)
- APA Style
- Plagiarism: What is it, and how do I avoid it? (by OWL @ Purdue)
- Plagiarism: How to Avoid It
- A Brief Tutorial on Plagiarism (from Carteret Community College Library)
- Study Guides and Strategies
- Study Skills resources at Infoplease.com
- Strategies for Effective Learning
- Virginia TechOnline Study Skills Workshop
- Really cool link
- Other Link
- Study skills library page at Cal Poly